Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used tomcat and the grip fell off out of the box! It looks like it was poorly glued on, is this how it is supposed to be attached or did I get hosed? Any other info on the bow would be appreciated.

·
Registered
327 Posts
They are usually pretty loose to allow the cables to slide under them. Use a strip of double sided tape on the riser to re-attach it.

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
the older oneida rubber grips were attached with adhesive..if you notice there is not hole for a mounting screw...use some adhesive that could be easly pryed off if you need to get the grip off...i have used 2 sided tape with ok turn out..but a glue of some sort is better . you just dont want the grip moving around in your hand.

good luck

visit www.oneidaeaglebows.com

join the forum and ask all the questions you want..

Mikie

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Grip

I had a tomcat and the grip on that one was the same way so I took and put two backed tape on it to hold it in place. You don't wanna glue it on though since the cables run through the riser and handle area. Good luck

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
i agree on the glue part..but you can use a type of glue that stays flexable..like a bathtub silcone cauk..or call Will Pollington at 231 743 2427
(works at oneida) ask him what to use..

Mikie :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts