Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sleep when you're Dead!
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry:
My friend has an oneida T III EXP and it claims adjustment from 50-70#.
The bow is not at 70#, (feels like 55-60#) but the limbs are maxed out. I think i remember some adjustment on the cams that needs to be made in order to continue with greater poundage.
Any help is appriciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
889 Posts
Use a scale

If you have not used a scale to check the draw weight do so. Oniedas draw so easy it could very well be at 70#

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yep, just what Martin Guy said. On average, an Oneida feels 12 pounds lighter than it really is, because it pulls so easy. I'd say it is set at 70 pounds, since you say it feels more like 55-60 pounds.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My BE ESC is set at 66lbs. I guessed 55 before putting it on the scale. And
I still have plenty to go before maxing out.

Anything you have questions on can be answered on the Oneida forum. Good guys that can and will help.

·
Registered
258 Posts
A few things to look at.....

The early models had nylon cams and they would go bad with the Power Cable crushing it, and starting to pull the crimp on the end of the cable into the cam. This makes the cable "act" longer. Longer cables will make the bow loose weight. It does not take much, just 1/16" can make that loss.

• 1. Check the Power Cables (the cables that have no coating on them. Take your finger or better yet a Q-tip and rub the under side of the cable. IF the cable is breaking you will feel it catching.
  • 2. Check your brace height it should be 7 5/8" to 7".
  • 3. The string should be for a short and med draw 48", a long takes a 50 1/2".

Check the links below for more about Brace Height and Tiller.

http://www.oneidaeaglebows.com/page3.html
http://www.oneidaeaglebows.com/page4.html

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Oneida

You mean they still make oneida bows? LOL just kidding I use to have one myself and I remember too that it didn't seem like the poundage was where it was suppose to be. I guess thats why I got rid of it too and went back to the conventional compound bow.

·
Sleep when you're Dead!
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mikie Day said:
www.oneidaeaglebows.com

have your buddy sign up on the forum and ask away...could be the bow has the wrong cables.

mikie
Or maybe those nice cables have the wrong bow! LOL
Acctually that bow used to be mine. I wouldn't doubt that there is some cable creaping going on: since ive owned it and gave it to him (7 years) the string is the only thing been changed. And that is because it broke!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts