Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Just bought one for $35 at a pawn shop. Going to me my carp bow. A acer I think?

·
Corripe Cervisiam
21,236 Posts
I used to shoot an Onieda maybe 15 years ago and it was probably the sweetest draw on any bow I have ever shot.

It also was one of the worst bows to keep tuned. Lots of moving parts to that design- but I would guess they are much more reliable now.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I love the sound

It sounds like a gun going off.

I shoot with a guy in our indoor league and everyone jumps when it goes off.

They are fast but he always seems to be working on it

·
Registered
284 Posts
an oneida made the last few years is as quiet as any bow now. They are not all that complicated, just different.

I shoot an Osprey for bowfishing it's the absolute best bowfishing bow made.

I don't hunt big game with it because it's to long for my taste. I also fly to hunt a lot and the case would be huge for it. I hunt big game with a SwitchbackXT and that is a much better bow for big game IMO.

The Oneida bows shoot like a dream and have the best draw cycle possible. Just that the limbs are too long for my "bush hunting".

·
Registered
216 Posts
I shoot a BE2. It is hands down the best bow I have ever shot. I tried last years Matthews, Bowtech, Hoyt and PSE bows, drove to Marion Michigan to try the Oneida and came home with it. The Black Eagle 2 is not as fast as those bows but I shoot heavy arrows and only pull 52 lbs. The draw is smooth as glass. It really feels like a wheel bow it is that smooth. It is quiet also. As quiet as any compound I have ever shot or seen shot. I have limb silencers on the outside of the limbs and sting leaches.

I got complete pass through on a all 3 deer i shot this year. Two were inside of 10 yards and the buck was at 35 yards. They are very easy to tune and you don't need a bow press. I honestly can not say enough good stuff about them. They are goofy looking, real goofy looking but I really don't care. Pulls easy, shoots smooth and hits everything I have aimed at right where I aimed it.

They are great. I would highly recommend one!!!
micky

Edit - I would like to add I like the size of the bow. I find that longer bows shoot easier than small bows. just my opinion. this bow also weighs more than a standard compound. I find the extra weight make it easier to hold the bow steady. I like both the length and weight. one thing to look out for is the way the limbs move when shooting sitting down. I tried to head shoot a turkey at about 30 yards once and the bottom limb hit my leg. Made that mistake once and have learned my lesson. If you are standing I have never had an issue.

·
Cato
4,077 Posts
Check out the Monsterbow. It is a modified type of Onieda which has a great design. No cams. Very smooth. Reasonably quiet.

·
Registered
436 Posts
A lot of what todays bows are designed around is Oneida technology, Paralell limbs, hybrid 2 cams. Oneida bows were definately one of if not the smoothest drawing bows made. Yes they have some tuning issues, but if you read your owners manual first a lot of that is avoided. I still bow fish with my first oneida I purchased in 1989, SE689 screaming eagle. Wish they were still as popular as they once was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i own one of the old school oneida's the aeroforce....stays in tune really, also best you dont need tools to take one apart its very simple....i took mine down with just hex keys, yes if the cables are bad quality you have troubles, but hey bad quality parts always have

·
Registered
458 Posts
oneida

I have an Aeroforce x-80, I don't have any problem with keeping it in tune and they are easy to work on. You can quiet them down with some well placed felt(on the outers where the string contacts the limb) and limb savers on the power limbs. This is one of the smoothest bows that I have drawn, used mine for 3d, hunting and 900 round last year. I shoot daily, around 100 arrows per day and have had no issues. If you buy one you can get parts and any advise on them at gulfcoast archery.com

·
Registered
625 Posts
My Oneida

I shoot a Lite-Force Magnum .This bow is smoother than anything I have ever shot and I test everything I could get my hands on and I still do but am always disapointed.
The balance is sweet because of the the longeger lengthand the fact that cams arent on the end of the limbs.
There are no cables or guards to clutter up the bow.
The draw cycle is extremely smooth and has no humps or bumps.Plus the power stroke is much longer than a traditional compound making for smoother intial flight and more efficent transfer of energy.
They are as quiet as most modern speed bows with very little effort.
Speed is relative I got 252 Fps shooting full length Goldtip 75/95 Nugents at 30 inch draw with 125 grain points at 62 lbs.
I shoot this bow at 78lbs with these arrows .
I cant pull most bows comfortably at 60lbs.
I think its cool looking.
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
oneida

Right now I am shooting the falcon and the switchblade.
These bows are smooth,fast and dependable. For more information on oneida bows we also have an online forum at www.oneidabows.net/forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
I shoot a Lite-Force Magnum .This bow is smoother than anything I have ever shot and I test everything I could get my hands on and I still do but am always disapointed.
The balance is sweet because of the the longeger lengthand the fact that cams arent on the end of the limbs.
There are no cables or guards to clutter up the bow.
The draw cycle is extremely smooth and has no humps or bumps.Plus the power stroke is much longer than a traditional compound making for smoother intial flight and more efficent transfer of energy.
They are as quiet as most modern speed bows with very little effort.
Speed is relative I got 252 Fps shooting full length Goldtip 75/95 Nugents at 30 inch draw with 125 grain points at 62 lbs.
I shoot this bow at 78lbs with these arrows .
I cant pull most bows comfortably at 60lbs.
I think its cool looking.
Mike
I know that sweeet LFM :D

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
His Score.
I would suggest it is the shooter, NOT the bow.

I have owned many Oneida bows over the years, and I loved the draw cycle. BUT, I have yet to own one that wasn't louder on the release than any of my wheel bows. I would still be shooting them if they were as quiet.
Dan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts