Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find a good package deal on my first bow and so far all I can come up with is some slightly over priced packages at name brand stores and some on eBay. Though the deal on eBay is actually pretty good, I'd like to broaden my horizons with other places out there. So, if you know any online shops with good deals let me know, or at least point me in the right direction of the correct thread. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, i've been looking all over on there and there's tons of good stuff at great asking prices, but the bank account is not always at peak performance. So, if finally given the opprotunity with a forgiving bank account I'd like to have some ducks lined up ahead of time. Not to mention, I'm pretty new to the sport and it wouldn't hurt to look around and get the feelers out there to get a better feel for what's available.

·
Registered
50,389 Posts
What do you know about bows? Do you actually know anything about how to set them up? Look for problems? Are there parts still available? Do you know how to set one up for your self? Are you prepared to replace any problems?
My advice--------DO NOT BUY A BOW OFF THE NET FOR YOUR FIRST TIME unless you have knowledge of what your getting into(obviously from your post you do not have the knowledge to do this). A bow needs to be set up to YOU, they do not come ready to shoot. A net shop has no clue how to set the bow to you as they do not have you on hand to do it properly. Find a local pro shop and do it correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts