Archery Talk Forum banner

Which would you rather

Online VS Local Shop????

730 Views 17 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Komi
I am just wondering all things being equal would you rather buy online OR from the local shop??? I am wanting to buy a new 09 fircat and looked up local dealers and all of them seem to only want to push Mathews or Bowtec or another bow I don't want instead of what I do want. They tell me I can special order it but will have to pay for it before they will order and then it may be awhile before they will get it ordered because of not wanting to order only 1 bow so instead they want to sell me one of the "Far Better" bows they have in stock.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,612 Posts
If possible always support your local shops, cause one day they may not be there when you need them!!!:mg:

· Registered
12,018 Posts
I do some of both. Anything I get online comes from Lancaster.
Anything else generally comes from Inside X's local shop.

· Registered
84 Posts
Do what I can to support local shop

I do what I can to support my local shop.

That said, I do buy some stuff off the net.

Example...I went to the best local shop around here last weekend looking for a differnt stabilizer. The only thing they had were Octanes, and they didn't work for me.

I asked him about ordering a B-Stinger, and he pretty much told me that I might as well buy it myself. He said I was going to pay the same price either way. He's kinda cool like that.

I also bought my "new" Captain right here in the classifieds.
I talked to my local guy, and he told me that he couldn't touch the price I was paying.

He charged me to adjust the draw, and give it a once over.
I knew that going in, and he was competely happy to help me even though he didn't sell me the bow.

After tinkering with my Captain, the shop owner told me that he was probably going to be buying one for himself.

· Registered
9,278 Posts
You can see and handle stuff at your local shop BEFORE you buy it. Typically you can't do that when purchasing online.

· Registered
2,201 Posts
Pro-shops are usually the better place. :)

· Registered
327 Posts
i would rather buy from my local shop, but they only cater to bowhunters and NEVER have what i want in stock, and i'm not even talking obscure target stuff, just average things like spot hogg premier rest, maybe some x7's, or some of the larger diameter carbon arrows

but we get NOTHING, hell, most around kalamazoo don't even carry arrows spined for someone who shots anything less than 60-70lbs

· Registered
2,005 Posts
I like to buy from the local shop, but if I dont have enough cash then I buy from National Archery Supply. This time around I bought the bow as well as the arrows from the shop, stabilizer from Jim Posten, sling from Jonathan Fox(Ridgerunner Slings), and the sight, rest and other stuff from National Archery Supply. :eek:

· Registered
816 Posts
You have to support your local shop!
You may be able to save a few bucks by shopping online with somebody you don't know, but are you really saving?
When I walk into Flying Arrow Sports II, they all know who I am what I'm shooting and they care that my and my familys equipment is in the best working order. There is also a lot of experience and knowledge under one roof. You can't put a price on that.
Especially in these tough times you have to take care of the people that have taken care of you!

· Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seems like alot of people are talking about going to a shop you trust and that was my point I don't have a shop that carries what I want within 2 hour drive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.