1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,884 Posts
Daley won't hire more cops (which is what that city needs) because that would give the police union too much power. He trots out the lack of police and firemen every time he needs to raise taxes but the new money is never spent on increased city protection. They do have money to pay for installing 8' wrought iron fencing at $1000 per section.

Now that police are being used for bodyguard duty there is less protection elsewhere in the city and the numerous gangs know this better than anyone. Overall crime will increase (again) and Da Mayor will call for the confiscation of all 50 cal sniper rifles (again) which have never been used in any crime in Democratic Chicago.

The real problem is never addressed and the real problem will never be fixed.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Or White Sox?

·
Banned
4,365 Posts
If that were true, you'd all be Cubs fans. :wink:
Most people don't have the constitution for that, suicide rates would soar.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or White Sox?
No he's right....Chi is ALL about the Cubs! I wore my Cardinal gear there this past summer and the Cards won.....I think it was the only game they beat the Cubs this year.....I barely got out of the big city with my life.....:tongue:

·
Registered
12,884 Posts
About how long will the people tolerate this?

It took a long time for Daley and Son to get the city exactly the way they wanted it.

Richard J. Daley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_J._Daley
Elected mayor in 1955 re-elected in 1959, 1963, 1967, 1971 and 1975.
Best quote, "The Chicago policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder" issued during the 68 Democratic Convention and Police Riot.

Various Chicago Democrats who ran as independents were elected mayor until.....

Richard M. Daley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_M._Daley
Elected mayor in 1989 re-elected in 1991, 1995, 1999, 2003, and 2007.

Chicago (and Illinois) best hope is for the FBI to continue being ALLOWED to investigate Chicago politicians and "the Combine" (Chicago Democrats and State Republicans - ie. Resko and friends). If Obama become Pres, you will see a reduction in FBI agents rummaging thru Chicago hideyholes. There will an immediate and urgent need for these agents somewhere, anywhere, else.

There is one other possibility. The City and the County (same thing really) have conspired to raise Chicago sales tax to 10.5% by the end of the year. Maybe that will get live voters to out vote the dead ones.

Nah.....

·
Registered
12,884 Posts
No he's right....Chi is ALL about the Cubs! I wore my Cardinal gear there this past summer and the Cards won.....I think it was the only game they beat the Cubs this year.....I barely got out of the big city with my life.....:tongue:

The Northside is Cubs territory and the Southside belongs to Sox fans. Same as when Capone and Bugs Moran divided the city.

:cocktail:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I was driving through Saint Louis a few years ago and had the bright idea to put a Cubs hat on the statue of Stan Mussial so I could take a picture of it for a buddy of mine who's Cardinals fan. Then I figured I probably wouldn't make it back across the river with all my limbs attached, so I decided to take a pass on messing with Stan. :zip:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts