Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why Ontarget does not have Elite bows in their equipment database? They seem to be quite a popular bow, more so than some in the database. I have emailed them a couple times in as many days and have not gotten a response yet. Oh, and don't say to use the Bowtech data because they are not the same.:confused:

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
matforme said:
Oh, and don't say to use the Bowtech data because they are not the same.:confused:
OK I won't say it, but I was gonna type it................

·
Registered
971 Posts
I would guess that Larry is waiting to get product performance values from the company, but whatever the reason one thing you can be sure of is that Larry will have them on the database ASAP. And they will be accurate.
Cheers
Peter

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just bought the On Target program but before I did, I downloaded the free trial. When I went to look for my bow, Switchback XT, it was not there. After I downloaded the paid version, it was on the list.

Now my problem is that my sight is not listed in the sight database.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
61 Posts
oneway said:
I just bought the On Target program but before I did, I downloaded the free trial. When I went to look for my bow, Switchback XT, it was not there. After I downloaded the paid version, it was on the list.

Now my problem is that my sight is not listed in the sight database.:rolleyes:
i wanted to make it clear that i am not at all bashing the software. It is really cool and giving me more confidence that i am using the right equipment combo!

·
Archery Talk Sponsor
3,552 Posts
matforme,

>>I have emailed them a couple times in as many days and have not gotten a response yet.

I haven't recieved your e-mails. They may have been filtered as "spam". What did you put in the subject line? What e-mail address are you sending them to? We just switched ISPs and it may be the address you're using hasn't been activated yet. Still working out little glitches with the new website.

The Elite line-up has been in the databases since June but only released in CD form in V234. The Download is sitting on the new server waiting for links to be connected.

oneway,

>>Now my problem is that my sight is not listed in the sight database

What's the sight model and who makes it?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is it possible to add swrod sites?? to the data base?

·
Archery Talk Sponsor
3,552 Posts
>>Is it possible to add swrod sites?

Looking at their website, it appears all they make are multi-pin sights?

There are no pin sights in the database. All pins sights are generic..certain number of pins set at spaced distances. The program is already setup to handle all pin sights.

·
Registered
13,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
matforme,

>>I have emailed them a couple times in as many days and have not gotten a response yet.

I haven't recieved your e-mails. They may have been filtered as "spam". What did you put in the subject line? What e-mail address are you sending them to? We just switched ISPs and it may be the address you're using hasn't been activated yet. Still working out little glitches with the new website.

The Elite line-up has been in the databases since June but only released in CD form in V234. The Download is sitting on the new server waiting for links to be connected.

oneway,

Larry,
I have emailed you 2 times using the "Contact Us" tab at the top of the page in the program. I have also tried updating it 2 times since buying it a week or so ago. Love the product though, great job.

Shawn

·
Registered
780 Posts
I guess that I should just purchase the software, but I had a wierd issue with the trial version that I am not sure about and I do not know how to do a screen capture so you'all can see what I have entered, but when I put my bow in Manually, it says that I should be getting 362 FPS. That is entering 501 grain arrow Manually as well as my bow specs (most of which you can see in my sig.) I am just not sure how the program is coming up with 362 from a 330 IBO bow at 29"?

·
Registered
13,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rhenj said:
I guess that I should just purchase the software, but I had a wierd issue with the trial version that I am not sure about and I do not know how to do a screen capture so you'all can see what I have entered, but when I put my bow in Manually, it says that I should be getting 362 FPS. That is entering 501 grain arrow Manually as well as my bow specs (most of which you can see in my sig.) I am just not sure how the program is coming up with 362 from a 330 IBO bow at 29"?
You forgot to uncheck the box labeled "rocket assist" under the arrow specs.:wink:

·
Archery Talk Sponsor
3,552 Posts
Shawn,

Those e-mail addresses in the program might not be mapped to the new e-mail account/ISP. I'll look into it. Use: [email protected] pretty sure that works.

rhenj,

You'd really have to post all your specs for me to evaluate..or send me your user record file with data.

>>330 IBO bow at 29"?

IBO is measured at 30" not 29"...could be you just need to calibrate the program to your bow.

·
Registered
780 Posts
2005 Bowtech Allegiance
29"
100#
7" Brace
31.5 ATA

Currently I Shoot Goldtip 30X
100 Grain Screw-in points I think that the inserts are 54 grains, I use 4" durvanes and I am unsure of the knock weight, but I use the push in type plastic knocks.
Again the weight I manually entered for the arrows is 501 grains

I shoot a TR Dropzone if that matters, and the Factory test showed 330 FPS with a 501 grain arrow at 29". I have since removed the string silencers (they break off in about 40 shots of the beast.) and added an STS. What else would you need?

·
Registered
61 Posts
matforme,

oneway,

I think you may have addessed this a few posts back but I have a Truglo Tru site extreme 5 pin with light.
thanks.

oneway

·
Archery Talk Sponsor
3,552 Posts
rhenj,

Talk about your monster bow! :eek:

Filled in data as per your specs. Adjustments made included changing IBO to 323, change per inch weight of the 30X to 10.9, and added peep and d-loop weight. With those minor changes SFA calculated your arrow weight and "birth cert" velocity pretty close.

Free screen grab software... http://www.progency.com/

Attachments

A

·
0 Posts
Larry
How about adding the Trophy Ridge V-drive Titan to the sight selection? It is capable of having a sight tape.
Thanks Bob

1 - 20 of 32 Posts