Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[email protected], for whatever reason I am having difficulties sending a pm.

I have a question about the program.

I want to have my top mark 10 yards, but it keeps adjusting it to 12 yards, saying my 10 yard mark is set at 14??

And also, I am making marks for someone else and it sets it at 13 for the top distance, and that 10 yards is set near 17 yards????

How do I make it set the top mark 10 yards??
Thanks
-Cory

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
just a guess

As your arrow is still on the way up at 10 yards and does not reach its highest point of its trajectory until 12 yards I think the program is overiding your settings. Otherwise it would get in a mess between 10-15 yards.

So your sight setting is the same at 10 as 14 yards.

My five yards mark is my 40 yard pin.
My Seven yard mark is my 30 yard pin.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
I think Limey is correct.

At very close distances you need to move you sight down and for a little while as the distance becomes further you move it up from there and then it will reach a point where you will then start having to move it down again. My guess is that with your set-up this point is at 12 yards, your friends is at 13.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I figured that.

I would just rather not have to find a space between 11 and 15 for my 10 mark. (trust me, with my bow going as slow as it is, that is a rather large gap lol)

But I can pretty much just shoot 11 or 12 yards at 10 yards and still hit.
Thanks for the help

·
Archery Talk Sponsor
3,557 Posts
Cory,

Sorry I missed this post.

Limey and Rob are correct. You're basically running into the HighPin adjustment the program does when you try to set the Min Distance of the tape closer than the calculated High Pin distance.

If you need to know how to set the sight for ultra close distances, you can either print out a Mark Reference Chart or you can click the Custom radio button option in the Tape Footer.

If you select the Mark Reference Chart option, just synch the chart to a know Sight In distance and Mark+Click for that distance.

If you select the Tape Footer route, just enter the "Yard" distances that you're interested in having a setting for in "Feet". Example: Since your High Pin is 12 yards, in the last two boxes of the Tape Footer Custom frame, enter 30 and 33. When the Tape Footer is printed along with the tape, a yardage distance for 30 and 33 feet will be displayed. This will give you a setting for your 10 and 11 yard marks. In the attached pic, 30 = 23.3 and 33 = 21.0. So the 10 yards mark is that same as the setting for 23 1/3 yards. The 11 yards setting is the same as 21 yards. (Your 10 and 11 will be different. The example pic is for one of my bows)

Hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Larry!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts