Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hi
Probably not your best choice. It does offer quick sight aquistion however it doesn't offer multiple aiming points for different yardages. Also the short focal plane between the front(tringle)and the back of the sight would probably effect accuracy at distant yardage. Of right now the only sight i can think of that is of good quality is the MFO badriver sight.
Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Probably not your best choice. It does offer quick sight aquistion however it doesn't offer multiple aiming points for different yardages. Also the short focal plane between the front(tringle)and the back of the sight would probably effect accuracy at distant yardage. Of right now the only sight i can think of that is of good quality is the MFO badriver sight.
Thanks
Neil
Actually that is what I use for Elk the Bad rivers sight

·
Registered
608 Posts
If you are getting good results with the bad river i wouldn't change anything. However that sight would be awesome on my ruger mkII thanks for sharing.
Neil

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I'd like to go with a Bad River for a dedicated Colorado crossbow rig but it requires sending your unit to them unless your using one of the 3 or 4 crossbow manufacturers that work directly with Bad River. Since the fiber optic dots are pre-set do they set these somehow to your crossbows speed or what? Don't like the idea of using a sight that I can't adjust to 20, 30, 40, 50, etc.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yes it is dedicated to your crossbows speed. It is a hassle to send in your bow but they are a great company to work with. You might want to find out if you can just send in the front end of your crossbow.
Neil

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Bad rivers outdoor sight works great on my Scorpyd Telson 130, It is made for it. It slips right in the end. For Elk the range finder with practice works very well. Basically I bought the Bow for the sight,kinda backwards but it sure works, The Vent and Velocity don't have that option. Actually I purchased The Scorpyd from Bad Rivers with the sight installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts