Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Season opens tomorrow morning and looks to be a fairly decent day for hunting. Light rain expected in my area tomorrow clearing out by mid-morning with a high of 67. I'm not going to be able to hunt the morning, but I have a bachelor group of 9 buck that have been traveling together patterned pretty good. 3 of the buck are in the 140plus range. I have been glassing them with binos and they have been hitting the soy bean field between 1900-1930 like clockwork coming from the same bedding area and walking the field edge right past my stand location some 150 yards away. I haven't looked so forward to a opening day in a long time. Them big boys have got me losing sleep for two weeks now.

Anyways, I'll keep you all updated and good luck to all my fellow Kentuckians tomorrow and to anyone else who season opens up this weekend.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am all jacked up about tommorw. It looks like we will have good temps out there. Hopefully i can bag a big doe tommorw. Good luck to all of my fellow kentuckians out there tommorw!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Sadly I am missing opening day, I had hand surgery & I am unable to shoot...I'll be ready by Oct. 1st! :wink:

Good luck to everyone!

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I am just about to fidget out of my chair. I have everything but scent spray, and I'll go get that at Lunch.

Sadly I am missing opening day, I had hand surgery & I am unable to shoot...I'll be ready by Oct. 1st!

Good luck to everyone!
I you need someone to keep your spots warm until October send me a PM. ;-)

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I'm going to Gander Mountain in Paducah in a bit for some climbing sticks...may just pick up my Kentucky tags as well.:tongue:

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Hiawatha said:
I am jealous. I have to wait another week here in NC.
I've got five weeks....ugh, killing me and with ernesto coming through, opening day of dove could indeed be shot as well (no pun intended). thank god monday is a holiday for me.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
EricO said:
I you need someone to keep your spots warm until October send me a PM. ;-)
Sorry, my spots are top secret........LOL :zip:

I wish everyone lots of luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Buck Activity

I have 2 friends going to KY tonight, for opener. could someone post a report on what they have been seeing. What food sources they [bucks] are using, time, ect. The moon is right, should be a great weekend to hunt! Here in WI bucks are on there feet, in the beans. Id like to call them and give them some help if i could. Thanks to anyone with info.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
johndeer said:
NKYBOWHUNTER, let us know how you do tommorow. I live right across the river in Cincy. Good luck.

Johndeer I live right across the river from you! Which shop do you shop at the most? Almost all of them have shut down it seems.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New shop open over in Lawerenceburgh. Called Freedom Archery. They have a 50 yard indoor range. Shoot indoor 3D as well.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
outdoor video said:
I have 2 friends going to KY tonight, for opener. could someone post a report on what they have been seeing. What food sources they [bucks] are using, time, ect. The moon is right, should be a great weekend to hunt! Here in WI bucks are on there feet, in the beans. Id like to call them and give them some help if i could. Thanks to anyone with info.
From the deer I have been watching they are in their typical mode right now, they are moving towards the fields to feed anytime after 4:00 PM. I am still seeing a few young deer with fading spots and since it has been so dry water is a good option to be around. Of course fruit tress are starting to drop fruit (apples & plums) and the deer are hitting those if you have any around. Other than that everything else seems as normal, I have not seen many acorns yet. My trees at home are not producing the crop they usually do but it's a little early still.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Johndeer, There is a shop up in Sunman IN named On Target, located on I-74 going towards Indy. They have a nice shop & sell ATVS along with hunting equipment. Take Route 1 up to I-74 & then go towards Indy, I think it is about 6 miles from where Rt. 1 meets I-74.

Mike Stenger is a really nice guy, you can't go wrong with him thats for sure! There used to be a shop up on Harrison Ave but I am not sure they are still there. Over here in No. KY about the only shop left is Marks Guns & they only sell Mathews. I think someone may have opened one up down in Dryridge but I havn't heard much.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
good luck guys. i haven't seen any bucks yet, but i've had trouble getting time to scout a lot. but i know the does are there and i know the farms i hunt have nice bucks, so i hope i encounter one in the morning

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
johndeer

I hunt a couple of small private farms in No. KY & then I have 2 farms in Eastern KY and I also have some land that joins the Daniel Boone National Forest in South Central KY. My brother also has a really nice farm I hunt on sometimes and I have plenty of family in the are & have tons of areas I could hunt. It's all in South Central KY as well. I mostly hunt close to home in No. KY, it's just easier with the family & kids. Next year I may start food plotting my land.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts