Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It rained all day here in northern ohio on opening day. But it stopped long enough for me to take my 5 year old son with me for and hour and a half this evening. He was so excited to go we had a blast, even though we did not see anything. I got him a hunters saftey system this year and he could not wait to use it, he was all smiles. What a great hunt, who says you have to shoot somthing to have a successful day in the woods.

·
Registered
354 Posts
:thumbs_up Glad you had fun, no better way to be in the woods then with your kids!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I can't wait to get to take my son into the woods and show him what daddy gets so excited about!! Wait til he gets to watch his first deer and he will be hooked!! Good luck on a great season!! :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's great! Did the same with my two boys. Oldest is 17 and youngest is 9 - both have taken deer and youngest trying to get first with a bow this year.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
raised right

you are spot on... as long as they are excited, i would call it a succesful day. wait till they get a shot :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
kids and hunting A wonderfull thing

It will be a great memory for you both. I took my 6yo for the first time this year. he is buggin me to get back out. only problem is deer is closed and i won't take him bear hunting bc I only hunt bear from a stand and he does not have a FAS yet. Late deer and elk are coming. so is more time in the woods for him. Can't wait. Great to hear you are getting your son out early in life. I did not hunt till I was 15. Never killed anything till I was 17. (wood rats not inc) Good luck with your new hunting buddy. check my post on my new hunting partner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts