Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see how everybody did today here in Kentucky. I dont know who elses bow season opened today, but if yours opened tell me how you did. It was a cooler rainy morning for me, but I saw a doe, a small 8 in velvet, and a coyote. All in all a good morning, tell me how everybody did...

·
Registered
2 Posts
had to watch my son all day today and tommarow, but i will have all day monday to get out. scouted out four nice velvet bucks a few weeks ago. going to try to catch up with them. ill post progress.
chad

·
Registered
69 Posts
awsome weather were i hunted, i froze my butt off. all though i spent over 10 hours on the stand, i saw one doe this evening. but i did manage to get a limit of doves between the morning and evening hunt.

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
It would seem strange sitting in a stand here in the Midwest in September for me as that is cutting into my Dove Hunting:p

But for those of you folks from Kentucky that went out today or any this weekend Good Luck to you all...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Kentucky opener

Started raining heavy right before daybreak, and didn't let up here in southeastern ky. Didn't see anything.. oh well there's always tomorrow..:darkbeer:

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
I live here in Ky but have no intention of going until October.
I despise hunting in hot weather with a passion. :thumbs_do
Yes, it has been cool today but that's a rare exception in September.
I would have to be guaranteed of taking the buck of a lifetime before I would hunt hot weather. ;)

Sag.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I sure wish I could have been out hunting today, it would have been a nice day to climb into a tree and hang around watching squirrels play and maybe stick a deer. Do I really have to wait 28 more days?????:angry:

·
Archery Addict
5,653 Posts
I would love if Ohios season started in Sept. to have a chance at taking a buck in velvet.Good luck to all you KY guys!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Sagittarius said:
I live here in Ky but have no intention of going until October.
I despise hunting in hot weather with a passion. :thumbs_do
Yes, it has been cool today but that's a rare exception in September.
I would have to be guaranteed of taking the buck of a lifetime before I would hunt hot weather. ;)

Sag.
Not asking for much are you...?!
I'll be out this weekend no matter the weather...Good luck to everyone...!

·
Registered
802 Posts
I went out in the evening. Was on stand at 1630 over looking a 30 acre soybean field that I have been glassing for a month now. Seeing deer on it all the time. Placed stand accordingly. Well, wouldn't you know it, my company lease the farming rights to their land. Well farmer Frank must have decided that opening day of archery would be a nice day to brushhog around the field perimeter. So, I didn't end up seeing a thing! Not sure when I'll get back out with a one month old baby in the house, but I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Opening Kentucky Bow Season Yesterday

I am not really into hot weather hunting but yesterday afternoon's hunt was definitely pleasant, mild temperatures, very few skeeters, playful squirrels, didn't see any deer tho, (they were uncooperative) :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts