Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was unable to hunt this weekend and was wondering how all of my fellow Missouri hunters did. Lets here some stories and see some pictures.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I didn't see a ton of deer by no means this weekend. I did have a dandy 8 point come in and couldn't get a shot at him though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I didn't see a lot of deer either, but I did miss two turkey's and shot a doe. Good opening weekend in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I saw a quite a bit of movement yesterday morning but never got a shot. Then yesterday evening i had a doe come in to about 27 yards and offer me a perfect shot. Quarting away hard, took out two ribs and both lungs, and those slick tricks left a mean looking entrance and exit hole. Dont have pics now but will try to get some up. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
945 Posts
little

little fawns and no big does yet,but the crops still in the northern state and winds excess of 30 to40 mph.but did get some more stands in.no bucks but got them on the game cams that are nice but no seeing of this weekend.:wink:

·
Registered
945 Posts
heat 2

i think the heat was tuff on it this weekend too.:darkbeer:

·
Take a BITE out of Crime!
2,223 Posts
I didn't see anything this weekend! But my son on the other hand saw 8 does and 2 fawns. He said one doe was super fat and was at about 25 yards, but always stopped with the vitals behind a tree!! He's pretty pumped about going back out next weekend. I hope I can quit scratching these darn chiggers by then!

·
mmmmm.......beer!
1,555 Posts
I only hunted Friday morning. I passed on 3 does at 10 yards. I must be getting soft or something, I just didn't feel like killing anything yet. :embara:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Wind direction was all wrong for me for my good stands. Did have 2 huntable stands but had not planned on using them and so I did not worry about checking out the shooting lanes. Have not hunted out of them for 2 years. So there I am stuck with very little to pick from and hardly any shooting lanes and that caused me to miss taking out a doe at 5 yards. To many limbs and leaves covering up the vitals for a clear shoot. Next time I will be perpared even if I do not plan on using them there will be clear shooting lanes just in case! On the positive side it was good to be in the field and see a few deer.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I only got to hunt a couple of hours Saturday morning. The wind was blowing so hard, that I started to get seasick in my stand, lol.
Saw a couple of does on the next ridge, but nothing in bow-range.

slinger

·
Registered
573 Posts
Here is what you missed...WIND, WIND AND MORE WIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But look outside today, and no wind at all? I hate Missouri weather!

I think the season picked up right where it left off with the wind. I saw some deer though, a bunch of does and a couple of bucks. I was at full draw on a nice doe, but she never presented me with a good shot.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i went out sat.morning. after sitting in the tree and getting sick :pukey: because of the wind i left the woods at 8:30, didnt see a thing. might go out this afternoon, but the wind is blowing pretty hard here in warrensburg

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Yesterday I saw 1 doe too far away, this morning I seen 4 does altogether but no bucks. But I did get a turkey Saturday evening, only a 12 yard shot!! Gotta love those ground blinds :)

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
There was a 189+ incher taken by a friend of a friend this weekend near St. Louis, in full velvet no less. 9:30 on Sat morning. I have pix, but no permission to post. It is a hog.

·
Registered
261 Posts
same here...alot of wind.

i saw one 3 pointer friday evening...and i got my limit of mosquitos. for a few minutes, i thought there were going to over take me...but i came out on top!

i didn't go out saturday b/c of the heat. went out sunday evening and didn't see anything. hopefully the weather will be better this weekend...

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
saw quite a few deer this weekend one tall 7 point which i shanked a gimme shot on:sad: that was friday night i also saw 2 more decent bucks and killed a turkey.went to some public land near truman lake and saw 12 does but none presented a decent shot 35yds on the ground in the thick stuff is too far. a friend of mine killed a nice 9 point and another one missed a 150in deer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts