Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PSE Decree HD bow. Just bought it used. Upper left limb shows some damage. Is this dangerous to shoot? How much would it cost to replace limbs? Can I replace just one or two? What would you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Making it REIGN
3,794 Posts
Looks pretty sketchy to me. Pretty sure you will have to have a new set of limbs if that's what you choose to do.

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
hard to tell from a picture, is the limb actually damaged or has the finish been scratched or chipped, if I wasn't for sure i'd take it to an authorized PSE dealer and let him tell you what to do, I've got a couple bows that have some chips or scuffs on the limbs where they have hung on a rubber coated wall hanger in my shop but the limbs are fine, but I would have it looked at if you cant tell.

·
Registered
6,113 Posts
Looks like the damaged area is on both limbs at the same spot.At the least to my eyes.Wonder which kind of press left these marks.I would def. retire these limbs.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
I would send it back to the seller. Looks like they need to be replaced to me.

·
Is it beer:30 yet??
6,415 Posts
Looks like the damaged area is on both limbs at the same spot.At the least to my eyes.Wonder which kind of press left these marks.I would def. retire these limbs.
Seen a limb driven rest, limb clamp create that kind of damage too. The one limb looks cracked and the other one will probably do the same. I’d scrap them both for sure before they snap while shooting, and cause some real damage or even an injury. Be careful with those, and good luck

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look on the PSE Archerytalk Facebook page. A guy has a 60# set for sale.
Can you provide a link or more detailed directions to where this is? I normally stay on the AT website. Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are PSE limbs interchangeable or bow specific?

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Are PSE limbs interchangeable or bow specific?

Some are bow model specific, while some may crossover to a couple different models. Even though two models may require the same limb, each may require different deflections to reach the same DW.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
That needs to be replaced...looks like the crack goes all the way down the limb. As said above it looks like the other limb could be damaged as well...that one is harder to tell for sure.

Usually limbs are purchased as a set of 4, but you can definitely replace just one or two if that's all you need. Just have to make sure you have the correct deflection number (stiffness).

Decree HD uses a 981 limb as does the Full Throttle so both will work. What poundage do you have that will determine which size limb you need. Search AT classifieds or Ebay and you will find some.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That needs to be replaced...looks like the crack goes all the way down the limb. As said above it looks like the other limb could be damaged as well...that one is harder to tell for sure.

Usually limbs are purchased as a set of 4, but you can definitely replace just one or two if that's all you need. Just have to make sure you have the correct deflection number (stiffness).

Decree HD uses a 981 limb as does the Full Throttle so both will work. What poundage do you have that will determine which size limb you need. Search AT classifieds or Ebay and you will find some.
I just talked to PSE. I do indeed need limb model #981 with deflection 24 for 60# or 27 for 70#. He explained the numbering on the inside of the limb as a stiffness range to determine the placement of each limb on the bow. If anyone comes across anyone, I would much appreciate a PM. Looks like this bow just got a lot more expensive.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for checking. My shoulders would not be happy drawing 80! Thanks again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts