Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about buying a Lakewood bow case .just unsure of which one to buy .I shoot a hoyt nitrum 30 so should I buy the 37 inch or will the 41 inch work just as good.i guess what im asking is if I buy a 41 inch will my bow slide around in it or will it fit snug.for the guys that have them I want to hear which one your using to your ata.are they better then my skb that I have now.

·
Registered
51,088 Posts
Excellent case, buy either one but I would buy the smaller one if it were me. They will not move around that much either way.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Their website indicates that a tightspot quiver will not work in their cases. I have also read that if you remove the quiver from your bow you can still place it in the case but you lose space for the accessory box. Can you guys confirm?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
The Lakewood cases are great.
No better case to leave in the back seat of the truck during hunting season and slip your bow in and out quickly and quietly. It fits perfectly behind the front seat on the floor of the cab. No more noisy, bulky and pain in the butt flat hard cases for me.

I have a single and a double bowfile for when the wife and I hunt together. I have the smaller version since my bows are always under 35 ATA.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Outstanding cases, although I wasn't comfortable flying with it. I'd rather fly with my SKB.

I'd buy the bigger case if you think you might end up with a bigger bow down the line. I bought the smaller case and then ended up with a target bow that was too big for it. So I had to buy a second case.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys for the feedback ..found one on craigslist ..now I will need to sell my skb.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I have one and like it but I wish the space for the bow was a bit wider. It is a tight fit with my HHA kingpin and you can't leave a stabilizer offset bar like the Dead Center Hunter on and get it in the case.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Love mine, but don't use it anymore. With a v-bar set up down low on the bow, it will not fit in the case.

·
Vendor
84,690 Posts
I use and Sale Lakewood case. I was not sure how good they were being I always used SKB but before I became a dealer for them I purchased one to test out and I took it on a Airplane and a Back country Elk hunt and the case held up great. Its my favorite case now and I love how it has the soft outside as it don't slam around behind my seat of my truck like my SKB did. You do have to take off your Tightspot quiver but its not a big deal. I always keep a shirt or something in my case if I travel and it keeps things from sliding around. I offer layaway on the cases if anyone is looking for one or has any questions just send me a private message.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I have the Lakewood double case, and with a single bow, it will fit with a Tightspot quiver sliding into the middle divider.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts