Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Cabelas just recently and bought some Muzzy Phantom Broadheads. The guy I was talking to suggested them to me. The have 2 blades and 2 bleader blades so they are 4 blades and 100 grain. I was just wondering what people have got out of them. Also if anyone has any info on Whisker Biscuits (if they are any good or not).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I employ the Muzzy Phantoms (100 gr) and the Whisker Biscuit as my gear of choice. The Phantoms have made impressive entry/exit holes and I've had no problem with them at distances out to 30 yards.

I know they work for me.....check 'em out and see for yourself.

Greg

·
Registered
199 Posts
The phantom's are a quality broadhead as are most of muzzy's products. I used phantoms in the past with good success. The only knock on the phantom bh is that they tend to plane a little beyond 35 yards (just my observation).

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Great head, and no flight problems that I know of related to the head.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Bobmuley said:
Great head, and no flight problems that I know of related to the head.

I would echo Bob's comments......I've shot Phantoms exclusively since Elk Mountain Archery designed/manufactured them years ago.....

Superb heads......penetration, flight characteristic's at ANY range, entry/exit hole size.....all top-shelf.....

Only improvement would be if Marcus (SilverFlames owner) would build 'em and use his steel and sharpening techniques for the blades! :wink:

A Marcus-built Phantom.....ahhhh yes.....the Holy Grail of broadheads!

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
IMO They are a good head but not as good as the Stinger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts