Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I’m new to Archery Talk and this is my first post. I have been shooting recurve since 2013 and my first bow was a Hoyt Buffalo I absolutely loved the bow and yes it was a bit expensive for a first but I already knew this would be a lifelong hobby so I didn’t want to grow out of a bow every few months spending more and more money I’m a quality buy once kind of guy anyway i was 23 bought a 55# medium limb buffalo shot it for a few years got to where I became pretty good at taking long shots the bow just shot fast and flatter than other bows i have shot the buffalo average 194 FPS with my my 504 gr arrow at my 29.5 inch draw and I had a pair of 65lb Hoyt buffalo limbs but those were the biggest waste of money anyway I ended selling the bow after having my first born didn’t have time to shoot I have time again to shoot and hunt and I am between the new satori and a Black widow 60” PMA yes I realize they cost a pretty penny but i am ok with that I am obsessed with the cross grain graybark but I would like to know you all think of the widows I know they might not be a speed demon but are they consistent are they getting into the 180’s with 55lb limbs iv told you my experience with the buffalo what are your experiences with the widows this is big investment and would appreciate honest feedback

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I've been shooting 'Widow since 1996 (other than the past 5 yrs with compound) and they are a great bow for sure. With your draw length a 55# will have no problem shooting in the 180's. For each bow they have two length choices based on draw length. The longer of the two will be more comfortable to shoot and won't lose enough speed to worry about, if any. Having the arrow fly straight and hit where you are looking is more important than speed and the 'Widows are easy to tune.

·
Premium Member
6,257 Posts
On my third Widow with help from Roger and Toby they are great bows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts