Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been spending too much on archery stuff lately. But I'm really craving a qd for my stabilizer, as I'm finding it a PIA to remove for the case, for the press, etc.

I see on ebay a bunch of off brand qd options for $10-11. Not shipping from china, but maybe made there.

Is this a mistake? are they going to rattle and unscrew, or is a qd a qd? anyone have experience with these? they look like this. seller is "areyour archery"

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Nothing wrong with using that one. Just put a little blue loctite on the threads and you will be fine

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Appreciate it. Curious, have you used one? And has anyone else have experience w/ them? Hoping not to buy junk.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks! Appreciate it. Curious, have you used one? And has anyone else have experience w/ them? Hoping not to buy junk.
I’ve used one. I bought the original piece used on eBay thinking the alternatives were cheap. After seeing the original, im not sure it was worth the extra money since it’s a pretty simple piece to machine.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I've used that exact one without any issues at all. It's really a simple piece, so it's pretty hard to screw up in my opinion. I also have a bee stinger QD and can't say it's any better than the ebay one.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I haven't used one in 20+ years. I've tried a couple, but I always felt added vibration when shooting and occasional rattling from them. I gave up on them.

Did they actually start making them better, since I last stopped using them?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Haven't used any of the ebay cheap ones. I have used several of the bee stinger products and love them. Very good products. To me it was worth going downtown and grabbing one off the shelf and not worrying about quality. If it didn't work for me I could return it.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Archery Talk forum - Apps on Google Play

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I have a $50 and $10 version... literally can't tell the difference. Even with a quick disconnect just be sure you only finger tip snug tighten it. I made the mistake of given it a quick snug with the wrist and even the quick disconnect was a pita to remove.

Reactions: 308ruger

·
Registered
Isaiah 6:8
3,169 Posts
For 10 more you can buy a quality us made one. I wouldn't take the risk and end up having to buy a good one later.
^^^ agreed. you can get them around $20 and not worth risk buying something you are potentially going to be dissatisfied with

·
Registered
307 Posts
I’ve had the ebay one from china and didn’t have any problems with it. Had a
V bar connect from China too. Now I have dead center disconnect that you can change the angle on and it wasn’t a whole lot more than the Chinese. And a bowfinger v bar.
I wasted a lot of money getting back into archery by buying cheap parts and then upgrading them all.

·
Registered
Bowtech Revolt X
554 Posts
I’m all for saving money where I can but I bought a Shrewd QD from the local pro shop and had it on that day so for me it was worth the extra $10 to get it right then and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Im stupid and i like to match so i bought the same brand as the stab lol

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
Have about 8 of them Cool Hand Luke & Bee Stingers, both are great.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Axcel makes the best QDs imo.

·
Back Yard Champion
30,487 Posts
Friend bought a cheapo and couldn't keep it tight. Few shots and his stab would come loose.

I've had 3 over the years, one Pro Release (no longer available) and 2 Bee Stinger 10 degree down quick disconnects. All 3 are great.
The Pro Release, made on the order of a air quick coupling. Pull stab or install stab in a heart beat.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
Don't go too cheap as the materials maybe of crappy quality, especially if it's coming out of China. Screws or threads that are not a proper hardness did end up stripping or wallering out. Goodnight last you a couple of seasons and you might have to get another one.

If you're spending under twenty bucks on one, might as well by two

1 - 20 of 23 Posts