Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i got an athens accomplice 34 and am currently setting it up for hunting and some 3d for off season practice..its currently set up at 71/29, and i was thinking about going to 60/29. i got 370 grain victory nano 350s and with those at 60 would be around 295ish fps and like 70-75# ke..im sure thats plenty for whitetails and hogs, and foam too haha..the bow is really smooth even at 70, but i was thinkin about makin it even easier to shoot by putting it at 60, what do you guys think i should do?

· Registered
487 Posts
do what is the best feel for you...i shoot 65# for 3-d...but my hunting setup is always 70#...thats just me...

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya man, I've shot 70+ for everything, but it must be old age(20) settin in haha..I just figured id make it easy on myself and since the speed is still there I might as well give it a shot..I could pull back over 80 no problem but since ill have more than enough ke and my yardage judgement is within a few yards(and rangefinder for far shots the deer won't know the difference of speed

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what im thinkin too...make it easy on myself and still be just as successful in 3d and the woods

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts
I can shoot a 70 lb bow all I want and even shot a vantage x7 at 70lbs for 3 weeks for a spot league

but with bows these days why shoot 70lbs anymore

it's just unnecessary for me some of the 60lb bows can blow through deer

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought about goin to like a 400 grain arrow but w/ the small diameter nanos and a good broadhead I have no doubt ill get good penetration as long as I do my part and make a good shot.when I go on an elk bowhunt in a few years ill bump the draw and arrow weight up but I primarily hunt whitetails and and tryin to go on a hog hunt this year..and I'm confident 60 and my 370 grain arrow will still blow thru what I shoot..I might go a few over 60 but keep the weight low so I have no problem in any hunting situation..tryin to get stationed in VA next year where it gets colder..and might bowhunt WI where I'm from and it gets real cold, and ill be able to shoot more arrows at 60ish and make very precise shots so I think it'll be a good thing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.