Archery Talk Forum banner

opinions needed

736 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  hntnksn
ok i'll make this as short as possible.

i have permission to hunt some land. the landowner has more land. and another guy has permission to hunt it. well the other guy had a heart attack 2 days ago and will not be hunting. should i ask landowner for permission to hunt it? or would that be rude.............:noidea:
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,230 Posts
Here is how i would handle that situation. The next time i saw the land owner i would respectfully communicate that i hope the guy is recovering, & is there anything i can do around the property to help maintain it. Just letting the landowner know you're there for him if he needs anything. Might be suprising what that conversation will lead him into saying hey you're welcome to hunt there if you want 8^) .

· Registered
264 Posts
here is how i would handle that situation. The next time i saw the land owner i would respectfully communicate that i hope the guy is recovering, & is there anything i can do around the property to help maintain it. Just letting the landowner know you're there for him if he needs anything. Might be suprising what that conversation will lead him into saying hey you're welcome to hunt there if you want 8^) .
+1

· Registered
10,204 Posts
Here is how i would handle that situation. The next time i saw the land owner i would respectfully communicate that i hope the guy is recovering, & is there anything i can do around the property to help maintain it. Just letting the landowner know you're there for him if he needs anything. Might be suprising what that conversation will lead him into saying hey you're welcome to hunt there if you want 8^) .
Yep, thats the way to approach this.

· Registered
138 Posts
Couple things.

1. If the roles were reversed, how would you feel.
2. Hopefully you are not planning on moving in on the land next year (hopefully the guy recovers 100%).
3. One thing to consider is next year that guy will more than likely need some help with stands and dragging deer etc. so that could be a way to have the best of both worlds, and help out a guy who will probbaly need a hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.