Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy my first bow and I’ve settled on the Elite Ritual 35. Does anyone have experience with this compound bow? Also planning to buy it online through Podium Archery on Ebay but I’ve already stopped by a local shop to handle one

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I shot one. Very smooth and easy but held well. I think I would have enjoyed shooting it but I ended up with the Hoyt Invicta 37 SVX. Was considering it for my 3D bow. They are nice.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ngomx

·
Registered
Elite Ritual 35, Mathews Traverse & V3 31
232 Posts
I have a R35. Only issue I have had is I needed shim the top cam for best arrow flight. I probably could have got by without but the rest was over 7/8 out. There are a lot of posts on the R35. I have never read anything negative except the shimming. Once the shimming is done if needed, you won’t have to do it again. I also bought off eBay and was not given any grief when I registered it. Sweet smooth draw, smoother than my traverse and any other bow I have ever shot. Hands down the best deal on any new bow.
Mike

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Love mine! Had to shim cams as mentioned above, but that is done and I truly enjoy the bow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
With the way that bow is set up, I'm guessing your buddies asked,"are you hunting today or shooting 3D?"

You answered, "yes."

Nice rig.

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
Love mine! Had to shim cams as mentioned above, but that is done and I truly enjoy the bow.

That is one dead sexy bow right there!

Reactions: Planner

·
Registered
116 Posts
Been a proud owner of my R35 since last year. Mine too required shimming of top cam but shoots amazing now. Smooooooottthhhh draw, rock solid back wall, shock free with a decent weighted arrow (420 gr +). It's my all around, indoor 5 spot, 3D and hunting rig. It's all a feller needs to kill paper, foam and critters. You won't be disappointed in it. They're a solid bow especially for the prices they're selling for currently. I'd say best bow bargain out there.

·
Registered
345 Posts
With all the shimming needing to be done, why don’t they get it right from the factory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
With the way that bow is set up, I'm guessing your buddies asked,"are you hunting today or shooting 3D?"

You answered, "yes."

Nice rig.

Thank you! It can serve a few purposes. Many hunters in my area moving to longer bars. I use what makes me most confident and accurate or that just plain work for me.

I use the 10” Torx hunter and 15” Torx target, moving the doinker to the front bar. Shrewd quick release. HHA Kingpin TE .010 single pin. Hamskea microtune rest.

I hunt with a two finger TruBall hinge. I also mount my quiver upside down so the heavy part of the arrow is at the bottom of the bow.

FWIW - a stabilizer isn’t really stabilizing until it gets to the 10”-12” range. It’s just dampening.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
With all the shimming needing to be done, why don’t they get it right from the factory?

Because every shooter is different. To what standard would they build it to “get it right” at the factory? Certainly not mine, I’m at the end of the user spectrum shooting a 31” DL and using a two finger hinge (for everything).

It was no big deal, my shop is competent and it took a few minutes to get me to a bullet hole.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I had to shim my R35 as well. I also turned down the limbs a few turns from 70 to 65-67 as I felt it was drawing very rough, even after playing with the stops. After that it shot wonderfully. Hunted hard with it all last season and took two deer with it. Still conserving getting another Prime because I’m a big Prime fanboy but I think I’ll keep the Elite as a backup rig because truthfully it’s a pretty great bow for the money.

Sent from d_mobile

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I've had to shim every Elite I've ever owned. It is super common

·
Miller Time
2,152 Posts
I've had to shim every Elite I've ever owned. It is super common

Same as Rob. Not that I’ve owned many but all had to be shimmed. It takes literally a few minutes.
To the OP.
I bought one recently as a back up to my Revolt X on clearance from a dealer. I sold the Revolt X if that tell you anything.
Just swapped strings and havent tie a peep or decided what rest yet. I’ve just been shooting BSs in the garage in the evenings with a rest I had laying around. Little twisting here and there to get the feel I wanted but it’s just smooth, not hump, solid wall and holds very well.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
If it gives you any idea of how nice a Ritual35 is, that was on my short list. I ended up with an Invicta BUT..... I still want one.

·
Registered
23,254 Posts
A good friend of mine in the archery industry bought a used R35 last year and quickly started raving about it. We have both shot many bows and this one got more high marks than anything I can recall. This fall he took three really nice bucks with it and his evaluation was over the top on the R35.

When I saw the prices of the leftover '19's, I couldn't pass it up and bought one in July. It shot fine out of the box with a fletched arrow, but with a BS or BH it had to be shimmed. We actually overshot it a bit and went from a BS shooting.....\ out of the box to...../ after shimming. I did enough rest adjustment to get it shooting pretty decent for hunting season, but knew I could do better. So just today I met a buddy at his house and got it all figured out. BS was near perfect and a very slight rest adjustment made it so. I shot his BH at 20 and 30 and it was flying great with very good accuracy.

Draw is smooth with no dump.....set the limb stops correctly for your desired valley and letoff....then just shoot it. I just got a fresh set of Catfish Custom Strings to put on it over the winter....going to be a turkey destroying machine this spring.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Same as Rob. Not that I’ve owned many but all had to be shimmed. It takes literally a few minutes.
To the OP.
I bought one recently as a back up to my Revolt X on clearance from a dealer. I sold the Revolt X if that tell you anything.
Just swapped strings and havent tie a peep or decided what rest yet. I’ve just been shooting BSs in the garage in the evenings with a rest I had laying around. Little twisting here and there to get the feel I wanted but it’s just smooth, not hump, solid wall and holds very well.

I like that color scheme - flo orange or sunset orange on the strings? When I bought mine, OD green or Hardwood brown was my focus, but had I seen this color, I may have had a tough choice. Fortunately for me, my shop had a brown 65lb on the shelf. Perfect for me.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
A good friend of mine in the archery industry bought a used R35 last year and quickly started raving about it. We have both shot many bows and this one got more high marks than anything I can recall. This fall he took three really nice bucks with it and his evaluation was over the top on the R35.

When I saw the prices of the leftover '19's, I couldn't pass it up and bought one in July. It shot fine out of the box with a fletched arrow, but with a BS or BH it had to be shimmed. We actually overshot it a bit and went from a BS shooting.....\ out of the box to...../ after shimming. I did enough rest adjustment to get it shooting pretty decent for hunting season, but knew I could do better. So just today I met a buddy at his house and got it all figured out. BS was near perfect and a very slight rest adjustment made it so. I shot his BH at 20 and 30 and it was flying great with very good accuracy.

Draw is smooth with no dump.....set the limb stops correctly for your desired valley and letoff....then just shoot it. I just got a fresh set of Catfish Custom Strings to put on it over the winter....going to be a turkey destroying machine this spring.

View attachment 7341886 View attachment 7341887
A very classic and clean setup. Mine is a ‘19 as well. Interested to hear how you like those new strings. I’m going to replace my stock strings this spring after turkey.

·
Registered
23,254 Posts
A very classic and clean setup. Mine is a ‘19 as well. Interested to hear how you like those new strings. I’m going to replace my stock strings this spring after turkey.

No doubt I will like the new strings....I've been shooting Catfish Customs for over 5 years. Actually the set on it right now are a test set of vec99 material that Mike is trying out. Because I have shot so many of his string sets, he asked if I wanted to be a 'test subject' for the new material. It has been on since early September and I am not overly impressed. I ordered this new set in X99, which I know I like because my Obsession Phoenix XL has had them on for a year. Once I have it completely dialed in from the re-shimming, I am going to install them as my 2021 set.

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
No doubt I will like the new strings....I've been shooting Catfish Customs for over 5 years. Actually the set on it right now are a test set of vec99 material that Mike is trying out. Because I have shot so many of his string sets, he asked if I wanted to be a 'test subject' for the new material. It has been on since early September and I am not overly impressed. I ordered this new set in X99, which I know I like because my Obsession Phoenix XL has had them on for a year. Once I have it completely dialed in from the re-shimming, I am going to install them as my 2021 set.
This is good to hear about Catfish Customs. I will probably be heading home to Grand Haven in June and may drop off my Synergy to get new threads from him. I've been wanting to try a set from him.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I've had catfish custom strings on my last three bows. I let a set go for 3 seasons on my last Prime and truthfully could probably have squeezed a fourth out of them. But the best part was almost zero peep rotation after initial shooting in the strings.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts