Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She presently shoots a Team Fitzgerald "package" bow(2 small round wheels, not very fast at all)....she's only been bow hunting for about 4 years and has already harvested 4 deer with her set-up...which is a 27" draw 40-55lbs set to 45lbs, TM hunter , Cobra Pendulum(thanks X-Ring Sniper), xx75 2016's(she tried carbons and hated them, and will not switch from aluminums again)

I was hoping to surprise her for Christmas with a new rig....right now she is comfortable with the bow set to 45lbs...but she does "mention" to me every time that we shoot that she would "really like" a faster bow....

which leads me to this question.....what would be a good bow for a female that doesnt like alot of poundage but is wanting to pick up some speed....

please list any bows that yall may have experience with...

and also please list any bows(bow only please, I have all kinds of accerories)
that any of yall may have for sell that would fit her needs

·
Registered
19 Posts
I currently shoot a PSE Triton, it's a 50-60 lb. bow, I have it set at 58 lbs. But I believe you can get these bows in 40-50 lbs as well. It shoots really good and is quite. It's IBO is rated at 300 fps. My husband just got him a Pearson Pitbull, it's faster than my Triton and I know you can get them in a 50 lb bow. The IBO for the Pit bull is 315 fps, I know it won't be that fast with lower poundage and shorter draw lengths, but it's still a awlfully fast bow. Pearson's are quite, fast bows and have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Used Darton Maverick. Nice ones go for under $250. CPS cams are module adjustable for draw length and have at least 3" of adjustment built right in. A 50 pounder would probably be perfect for your wife. Bought one for my son off Ebay and was totally impressed with how fast it is. Draws much smoother than any of my solo cams and has a very nice overall feel.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I bought my wife a Parker Micro Pheonix about four months ago, and she's loving it. It is a short bow at 31" ata, but she's grouping 4-5" at 50 yards. She also tried the Phoenix 31 and 34 but liked the grip on the Micro better. This bow tops out with a 27" draw and 50lb. limbs. Parkers seem to give you a couple of extra lbs. on their limbs, though. My wife has the 40lb limbs that are currently bottomed out at 44lbs. I hope this helps a little bit. Have fun shopping!!

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
Martin Nitrous cams give excellent speed in short draws with magnum limbs.

At 26" draw, pulling 58 lbs. and a 295 grain arrow my Cougar III magnum goes about 280 fps.

If you drop the poundage down but add an inch to the draw you'll have plenty of speed even with a hunting arrow.

My father's Martin Slayr at 27.25" and 50 lbs. pushes a Gold Tip 35/55 in the 270's.

I would opt for the Cougar because it is a quite a bit lighter than the SlayR and it costs less. I would expect you could get a hunting arrow to run about 260 or more.

Note: Nitrous cams have a hard wall. Coming from a round wheel bow takes getting used to. The draw lengths are easily adjustable without a press.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Check out the Bowtech Miranda. My wife is pulling only 42lbs and shooting a 335gr. arrow at 195fps. Thats not bad for only a 24in draw. Its also one of the quietest bows out there. Its got a 8.5 brace height and is about 32 inches long. Great little bow.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ladies Bow

I would definately look at the Hoyt SierraTec!
http://www.hoyt.com/products/sierratec.tpl?cart=11253361491746094

My wife has one and loves it. My buddies wife had a bow that she didn't really like. She shot my wife's SierraTec and went out and bought one. Yes, they cost more, but a lifetime warranty is worth something too. You get what you pay for. My wife deserves the best! Your wife will appreciate it. ;)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Bowtech

Try the Bowtech Defender at 50 lb limbs. Extreemly fast bow. The ower's wife of our local bow shop shoots one. Lightspeed 500's and it smokes!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
When I saw the title of your post, I thought you were wanting to trade! :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
without a doubt the 2 best womans bows are the hoyt sierra tec and the bowtec miranda. but with a 27in draw you could buy her just about any bow.
a hoyt v tec would be a great choice.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Bowtech Allegiance Or Old Glory

Either one will do a great job and be very fast. You can get 270's out of the OG and 290's out of the Allegiance. Both you can get in the 50lb limbs and 27" draw. both are fine shooting bows. Junkie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts