Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the hostage rest and keep blowin vanes off while shooting. I've never tried a fall away rest, but just seems like it's just somethin else I gotta worry about failing. I've tried whisker biscuit and liked it, I've heard it slows arrow speed a bit tho. What do you guys use and like best? Any info would be appreciated!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Something else might be going on, if the rest is stripping of the vanes.

I think the QAD HDX is a great drop away, I've had no problems with mine.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I like the old Golden Key Starhunter shoot thru. No moving parts. They are hard to find so I also use the Cartel version of that rest.
You can get it at Lancasters.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm going to try Dorge's (Firenock) Aerorest next year. I have hunted the past 10 years with versions of the Trophy Takers. In general, they are great. They will fail though. If you shoot a lot and hunt hard in different conditions you will have problems eventually. A well-tuned Whisker Biscuit has worked well for a lot of people for hunting also.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I shoot with a QAD ultra pro hd fall away and have never had any issues. With that said I previously used a Whisker Biscuit for years with absolutely no problems. Whether or not how much it slows an arrow is a whole other discussion. It'd be nice to see a test on that. If you want fail safe, I think the Biscuit is great, but if you want to go with the new, better technology I think QAD is the way to go.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Personally, I'm not a big fan of the biscuit but it works well for a great many people. As for speed loss, most of the tests I have seen have shown no more than 1 to 3 fps loss, so if that is what you want, go for it, the speed loss truly is negligible. My hunting bow currently has a limb driver, though I am still a fan of the premiere prong rest.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,915 Posts

What he said....

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,916 Posts
X100000

the rest shouldnt be stripping vanes off.

if it is there is definately fletching contact and you need to rotate your nocks slightly until the contact goes away.

·
Marty in Badgerland
5,292 Posts
Limb driven rests are very simple to set up. I use a Limbdriver pro-V and like it. It is driven from the top limb, which is my only complaint. The cord could interfere with some sights or quivers. If I had it to do over again I would go with a TT Smackdown FC which can be set up to be driven from the bottom limb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts