Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering upgrading my son's bow from a mission craze. The convergence looks like a nice choice for him. Just wondering how people like it. Also, noticed no yokes. I assume you tune with shims?

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Im considering upgrading my son's bow from a mission craze. The convergence looks like a nice choice for him. Just wondering how people like it. Also, noticed no yokes. I assume you tune with shims?
I haven't shot it but I have seen one in person. I don't like the highly reflexed design or the grip but I bet the cams are nice and smooth. If you didn't get it to tune with a decent centershot you'd have to try limb arrangement or shimming if that's possible.

I would look at PSE mid-tier bows. They have some really nice ones like the Centrix/Drive XL/Drive 3B/etc. that have smooth-drawing binary cams like the Convergence.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll look into those. Thanks. I like the look of the new elite ember, but doesn't appear to be available in left handed.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My preferred pro shop isn't a bowtech dealer. But they recommend a pse stinger max as an affordable upgrade. Said much better back wall. It's a single cam though and i don't much about them. How are they to tune?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Id love to get him a used flagship instead. Problem it's he's 8 years old so i need something more adjustable. Hes currently 25 inch draw (yes it's correct. He's 5ft 2 already) he's easily pulling 35 lbs now but could probably move him to 40. Plus he's left handed. Might be finding a needle in a haystack to find that bow. My biggest want for new bow is to get a better back wall than his craze.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
oh.... the lefty. I had the convergence for a couple weeks. It was more of a purchase, tune, and flip. Nice little bow, aimed really well. Only complaint I have heard on line is the polymer limb pockets but I have not heard of any failures. My 12 year old son is still rocking his mission menace and every time I mention a new bow, he grabs it and shoots a bunch of X's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts