Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
CoyoteRick
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Because I don't know anyone who shoots Fivics equipment, I've come to ask what the quality and feel of the the risers and limbs are like. I have an opportunity with sponsorship as they're looking for Collegiate archers (Though there are other brands I'd much prefer), but I've heard various negative things about the company and wanted the trusted communities input. Any feedback would be fantastic. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have never used their bows themselves, but I am quite fond of their accessories. I have always quite liked their finger tabs, and they produce a lot of other very useful tools and components. So in that regard they are good.

However, last I heard they were getting increasingly hard to source in North America, to the point where Lancaster and most other big stores basically dropped the brand. This is why we stopped using them for most things, because we were starting to have to wait up to a year just to get things like replacement leather for tabs and other things that might require more urgent replacements.

I do know a few people that use their bows, and they seem to like them. I also seem to recall some members of the Italian team using them. So I would be confident that they are a decent bow, but I can't tell much more beyond that.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
4EE7408E-CBE9-40E1-8BCD-B077A65F27AD.jpg

Built quality of riser and limbs are good. Limbs are wood core in this setup, 40lbs at 70”, one of the smoothest actions through the clicker that I have personally experienced.

I could put you in touch with them but I expect you to already have a direct line.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have problem with their latest Saker I tabs. The cordovan is now so thick and hard, make it real hard to hook properly and feel the string

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm shooting a generally fivics setup. Titan X2, Saker 1, 1500D. Can't comment on stabs as they're the only one's i've used beyond cartels, but I like them. Saker1, just more consistent for me than the Cavalier, also used the saker extension to learn not to collapse my wrist. X2 i like, comparing to TFT, Epik, ATF.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I really like the Fivics Automatic Bow Stand, as well as the brass finger spacer on their brass tabs. I also use some of their dampers, which I have no complaints with.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I have a Fivics titan riser and limbs (older generation). They shoot great, pretty much like other flagship bows. A number of the complaints with Fivics is with their product delivery times. There are a number of archers that I personally know that have some or nearly all of their setups be Fivics brand. No complaints from them on crappy quality or poor performance.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I shoot their risers and love them. After shooting the first one, I sold my GMX's and bought another....They are that good.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have problem with their latest Saker I tabs. The cordovan is now so thick and hard, make it real hard to hook properly and feel the string
I find that to be a rather minor problem. The leather forms to shape after a couple hundred shots, and then I'd rather have the extra thickness for durability. I gues this is a matter of preference, though

·
Registered
118 Posts
I find that to be a rather minor problem. The leather forms to shape after a couple hundred shots, and then I'd rather have the extra thickness for durability. I guess this is a matter of preference, though
Normal leather can offer good protection, when it is thick and softer. it can forms to shape better/quicker then thick and hard cordovan.

I like cordovan tab was because it was thinner yet tough enough. I believed that was the initial purpose of cordovan.

As for risers, I heard their top end riser was made by MK earlier, and now by Samick

and earlier on, there was this discussion:
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4287457

·
Registered
403 Posts
Normal leather can offer good protection, when it is thick and softer. it can forms to shape better/quicker then thick and hard cordovan.

I like cordovan tab was because it was thinner yet tough enough. I believed that was the initial purpose of cordovan.
That's possible, yes. But if you make Cordovan thicker, then you get even more durability, and again I find that the weariong-in period is not particularly long. Shouldn't take more than two weeks for anyone practicing at a competitive level. And those same people will appreciate a tab that lasts even longer.

My understanding, however, is that Cordovan is preferred because it is tighter grain, making it more resistant to wear and weather. The fact that you can then make it thinner would then be a side effect. But I don't do much with leather, so I don't know the details.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's possible, yes. But if you make Cordovan thicker, then you get even more durability, and again I find that the weariong-in period is not particularly long. Shouldn't take more than two weeks for anyone practicing at a competitive level. And those same people will appreciate a tab that lasts even longer.

My understanding, however, is that Cordovan is preferred because it is tighter grain, making it more resistant to wear and weather. The fact that you can then make it thinner would then be a side effect. But I don't do much with leather, so I don't know the details.
Good cordovan can be made thinner and still very long lasting, which normal leather can not match with the same thickness. That was the unique advantage of Cordovan. Thin and tough high density cordovan actually cost more.

For the same thickness of the current Fivics S1. Normal leather with the same thickness worked better for me. though the original SOMA was far better.

Most of cordovan tabs in the past were made with similar flexibility like their normal leather counterparts, and Fivics was the first one made it so thick + hard.

I have used the SOMA version since it first came out but I have been buying and trying so many new tab for almost a year now for a alternative. at least Fivics should offer the original version when they introduced this $%^&"thick" version.

In fact, thin and tough high density cordovan cost more than normal thicker ones for the same durability

·
12 stepper for gear...
4,183 Posts
I like non-moving parts Fivics equipment a lot. Their risers are on par with anything out there. Their limbs and stabilizers are very good. Their response time, and order fulfillment in my experience is some of the worst in the industry. So if you want something stock, you are fine. If you want something that isn't in stock, I would look somewhere else, or at another brand. So far I haven't had a warranty issue or failure, so I can't speak to that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree with TMD and Greg. Facts are facts, and a picture can speak a thousand words. This time anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts