Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a cut off saw and was wondering how well the mini saws like the ones from Harbour Freight and eBay are working out for those using them?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
They work well, but usually you will need to mount it so that the shaft is supported during the cut. You should also get an Arrow Squaring Device made by G5.

I used one for a couple of years with success, but my wife & kids gave me a Cabela's arrow saw for Fathers day last year. I wish that I had started with a real full size saw rather than the HF saw. You can do the job with the little saw, but you can get the job done faster and quieter with a full size saw. The Cabela's saws seem to be the best deal available on saws right now.

One thing that I just descovered that you can do with the Cabela's saw is that for about $30 you can jury rig a pretty good spine tester on it. That beats $250 or more for a Ram Tester.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I have one...

I have one, and it does just fine!!! granted Im not a shop or anything I do my arrows and sometime do a dz for a buddy or two...
I would also recommend the G5 squaring tool, to be sure but saw does a very good job for the 25 buck invested into it!!!

·
Take a BITE out of Crime!
2,223 Posts
It works great!

Bought one from ebay and have done a few dozen with it. No complaints here.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I have one also. The blades dull pretty quick. I also find it helps to deter splintering by wrapping the to be cut area in masking tape.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
thumperX said:
I have one, and it does just fine!!! granted Im not a shop or anything I do my arrows and sometime do a dz for a buddy or two...
I would also recommend the G5 squaring tool, to be sure but saw does a very good job for the 25 buck invested into it!!!

Same here, just rig up a board to mount it on and a small support for the opposite end of the arrow and your all set. I also got the G5 ASD and it's worth every penny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts