Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Comp Target/ Gear mod
5,858 Posts
LOVE mine! Some of the best features are the cable AND limb stops.
For shooting with a hinge, I leave my limb stops alone, and move just the cable stops to 70% let off. Gives me just enough "give" to work my hinge better.
ONLY problem I have with it is I wish the ATA was longer. I have a 31.5" draw... Even 38" is a bit short for me.

Tuning was VERY easy! Bare shafts with fletched at 20 yards with WAY over spined arrows ( GT XXX).

Also a very quiet bow.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have been shooting mine for 2 years now and love it.
Like Mahly said they are very easy to tune. I am relativley new to tuning my own bows and with a little research, heck even I could do it.
The way I have mine tuned,55lbs. on 60lb. limbs with the cables tweaked to shorten the draw a little. I find it just about as smooth on the draw as my old Switchback LD.
The Moxie do's load up quicker on the front end of the draw cycle.
When I first got the bow, having never shot a limb stop bow before I found myself bouncing off the stops. It was a quick and easy learning curve and it is now smooth sailing.
This bow just fits me very well and for me is a very nice bow to shoot.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shot one that a guy was shooting in my group last year at an IBO shoot. It shot great. Very smooth and quiet. I like you have been really looking at them here lately. I have decided to hold off as it isn't looking like there is a guarantee of any support for these bows in the near future. Looks as though strother will under go major changes very soon and you may end up with basically a stevens archery bow.
That's why I haven't purchased one . Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
Was the winningest bow on the ASA amateur ranks last year - great bow.

I wouldn't worry about any changes with the company - not a whole lot different than a bow that's not in current production any more. Besides the prices on them are so cheap -

·
Comp Target/ Gear mod
5,858 Posts
Betting they don't go under...though they might get bought by another company, you'd still get support.

·
Registered
19,056 Posts
I would wait, they will be moving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts