Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wigspan is 70inches. My bow is an Alphamax 32 with 28.5 draw.

On this one i was on the string as opposed to the release to show where my anchor would be with a 28dl.

·
Registered
582 Posts
looks darn good to me im no expert or nothing but looks good

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Shorten the string loop....Drop the anchor a tad, and raise the peep a tad...Looks pretty good to me, otherwise....Let's hear what the fella's that can actually shoot have to say....Nuts & Bolts, where are 'Ya??...Harperman

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Shorten the string loop....Drop the anchor a tad, and raise the peep a tad...Looks pretty good to me, otherwise....Let's hear what the fella's that can actually shoot have to say....Nuts & Bolts, where are 'Ya??...Harperman

I PMed him first. :wink:

Oh yeah,on the last pic i meant to say i had the release on the string as opposed to the d-loop to give an idea where my anchor would be at .5inch shorter.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
with your wingspan when i calculated it comes out to a 27.5 drawlength.which would make sense your bow arm is locked.the correct DL will give you more accuracy and stability the extra inch gives you a little more speed.i would rather be accurate than fast.but then again you might accel with the current setup.with the am32 speed wont be an issue.they are a pretty darn quick bow.you can also mess with your release a little to shorten your draw and keep speed it looks like you have some room to shorten being your triggering with the tip of your finger.thats what i did.hope this helps a little

·
Registered
921 Posts
DL calculator
wingspan minus 15 divided by two= DL
thats the formula i use
so for you 70-15=55
55 \ 2 =27.5

but your form looks great!!better than mine,i keep having to have my girlfriend take pics of me while at full draw to work on it.i know what perfect form looks like i just cant copy it.lol

·
Registered
571 Posts
Form.....

Flat feet, big nose, bad haircut, could lose 15lbs. Looks like you can shoot though.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Everybody always says "shorten the draw length, you're anchoring too high, etc." but you are also shooting a 32"ATA bow. Things don't work the same with a short bow as the do with a 40"ATA target bow. I say that everyting looks good. You look to have a consistent anchor, you don't look too stretched out. I personally shoot with a little bend in my arm, but that is the way I was made, I can't shoot straight arm.
The main questions are, how are you shooting? does it feel comfortable/repeatable? and how does it feel shooting out of a tree stand? Do you feel too stretched out when shooting out of the tree stand?
That is what is really important.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Everybody always says "shorten the draw length, you're anchoring too high, etc." but you are also shooting a 32"ATA bow. Things don't work the same with a short bow as the do with a 40"ATA target bow. I say that everything looks good. You look to have a consistent anchor, you don't look too stretched out. I personally shoot with a little bend in my arm, but that is the way I was made, I can't shoot straight arm.
The main questions are, how are you shooting? does it feel comfortable/repeatable? and how does it feel shooting out of a tree stand? Do you feel too stretched out when shooting out of the tree stand?

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Everybody always says "shorten the draw length, you're anchoring too high, etc." but you are also shooting a 32"ATA bow. Things don't work the same with a short bow as the do with a 40"ATA target bow. I say that everyting looks good. You look to have a consistent anchor, you don't look too stretched out. I personally shoot with a little bend in my arm, but that is the way I was made, I can't shoot straight arm.
Exactly my thoughts. Let your shooting and your score be your guide now.
If indeed you need changes to your form they will be called 'fine tuning'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts