Archery Talk Forum banner

Opinions on the G5 Meta

764 Views 21 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  bcycle
Looking at buying one of these, just to try,,, I guess most important,,, whats the best size??????
5/16 is what I was thinking... for bowhunting deer
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
216 Posts
I have one on my Bowtech General and I really like it. I have a G5 site also and the 1/4" works well with the site. You need to find a peep the frames the site window closely on your sites. It makes it work kinda like a rifle sight that way.

· Registered
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Y a I have the g5 xr sight,, how does it work for you as far as aliginment,,with string stretch and all I used to fight turning ones with my nose,,, so I went to the rubber band,,,, but sick of that thing

· Registered
1,312 Posts
I have the 3/16 size on six different bows, all with different sights. Works great for me!

· Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,284 Posts
I would guess that a 1/4" peep would be fine. Especially for hunting. If ytou're going to use a "tubeless peep" make sure you have a string that won't creep or else you'll be messing with it all the time trying to keep it aligned properly.

· Registered
6,795 Posts
Not that I know of. I'm just saying that if your like me and you want it to line up with the edge of your round sight housing, the sight housing, distance, so on changes how large or small it needs to be.

· Registered
19,079 Posts
Nice peeps! I like the 3/16" size for hunting. .Seem to center the sight housing very well on most of my hunting sights. Tru-Peep is still a great choice as well!!

· Registered
580 Posts
I have the 1/4 and for me i like it when i look through it i can see around the site. I seem to be able to see the target in low light better than when my peep is just the same size as the site. just my preference is all.

· Registered
3,555 Posts
3/16'' G5 Meta Peep works / aligns well with TruGlow size sight housing.

· Classifieds Administrator
39,729 Posts
I have the 3/16" version and like it a lot. I'd go with that size myself.

· Registered
1,043 Posts
My gf got the biggest size. I told her to go with 1/4 in but she said no. she really likes the large diameter peeps and shes very accurate with it.

· G5 killing machine
4,843 Posts
I went from a tube style peep to a G5 3/16 peep. I can tell you that the G5 is awesome. My bow is a lot more quieter and I seem to be shooting a whole lot better. I've also took notice that my bow is a bit faster with the G5, because it is a lot lighter than the tube style. I can say its the best $11 I've ever spent.

· Registered
19,079 Posts
I agree with dwagoner the Fletcher Tru-peep for half the price is just as good!! Both great choices!!

save your money on a $10+ peep sight, get a fletcher, there actually almost identical except for the blue and 1/2 the price, G5 meta's arent bad but i stopped paying that much since others are just as good and cost 1/2 the price. Finding the correct size has alot to do with you so you may wanna go to a shop and have them help you find the right size. that way you dont have to buy more than one and they can help you install and get correct height also.

· Registered
284 Posts
i have an 1/8" on my target bow and a 3/16" frames well with my trophy ridge matrix sight on the hunting bow, I always hated those tubeing ones. as long as you have a good quality string and shoot it a couple of dozen times before you put the peep on you wont have any rotation at all. pjus the 1/8" only weighs 4 gr!
-Dustin

ps i got mine for $6 shipped on ebay, there are plenty on there for around $8 shipped

· Registered
2,754 Posts
I had the 1/4" on my old bow and it was a little big. Everyone said go with the 3/16" to match HHA, which was also new to me. I'm glad I listened because the match up perfect. This is my first year using the HHA and the smaller 3/16" G5 for hunting. So far they have worked great and there are no issues early or late in the day sticking deer in low light.

· Registered
282 Posts
I have used both the 3/16” and the 1/4” and I liked them both. Not a whole lot of difference in my opinion, they both worked well for me. The only reason I switched is because the new bow I bought had a 3/16 in it and I didn’t bother swapping it out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.