Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off I decided to sell my bows and just keep one (i had 13 left) so after ebay ended i didn't have any bows at all... I went to the hoyt dealers around me and shot every bow they had.. Before any conclusions are made on me, some of the bows i sold are 09 elite z28, 10 pse axe 6 and 2011 hoyt maxxis 31 so i know what a good bow is.. After shooting bows all day i found myself deciding on two, The 2011 carbon element , and the 2010 alphamax 32.. To me i could not find enough difference between the two to justify spending the extra money on the element. I bought the am32. After setting it up and tuning it in a little I put 75-100 shots through her yesterday and i am blown away.. This bow has no shock at all and is whisper quiet, The quietest bow i have shot yet.. It hits exactly where i aimed out to 75 yrds. the last pin i sighted in.. My brother thought the element was the way to go but after shooting the am32 yesterday he is amazed also..Can someone tell me your experiences with the am32's ? I am curious to see if everyone loves this bow as much as i do... The maxxis 31 was in a tie with the Z28 for my favorite bow but the am32 has took the top spot for me.. Just let me know what you liked and if any dislikes let me know them also... Thanks Matthew.........

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I myself shoot a AM35 and I love everything about it.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
The AM32 is one of the greatest hunting bows ever produced. Very balanced. Quiet. Fast without crazy pie-plate sized cams. Very tunable eccentrics whether XTR or Z3. Comfortable brace. A little reflex without the exaggerated reflex of some. Just a great hunting bow.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I bought one last year from Scottie. I had not purchased a bow since '94 previously. I did all my homework (shot different brands, looked up info, warranties, looked at AT posts). It is awesome! Everyone Ive talked to said I made the right choice.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Best bow I ever had.... I shoot just about every bow every year and have stuck with the am32 for hunting for 3 years now. Bows come and go but the AM stays....for how long I don't know but until they come up with something better I am sticking with it....one of the all-time greats!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I'm still shooting an 09 AM32 and see no reason to change.Great bow.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
I LOVE my AM32!!!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
She'll be hitting the woods w/ me for another year!

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All the responses are just how i feel about it.. got some grief for going from a maxxis 31 to the AM32 but i do not regret it at all...... I love this bow...

·
Registered
361 Posts
I agree with everyone here. I have a Bone Collector AM32 and I don't plan on changing anything for a while. Great bow.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Just let me know what you liked and if any dislikes let me know them also...
Hit what I aim at but did dislike the floating yoke and served it in. Floating yoke will work but you may find yourself going alot farther left with your rest than whats needed. Just depends on how picky you are. ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I sold my am32 and picked up a carbon matrix and I love it but the am32 is the BEST bow I ever had bar none I am ging to get another one

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Yup - the AM32 is going to go down in Hoyt history like the Switchback in Mathews' books. The Maxxis and CRX are both real nice, but you can buy a one year old AM32 for 1/2 as much. I decided to continue to hunt with my Katera this season, but would probably pick up an AM32 if someone steals it out of my SUV.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
i have had bows from -hoyt , bowtech , mathews , elite , strother , multiple bows from each co too.09-11. i had the maxxis and i still think the am32 is the most quite vibration free bow i have had ,next to the d340 it was quite! i think the am32 is the best hunting bow to date. im shooting a 358grn ht2 at 292 fps at 66lb and 28.5" draw. its smooth and quite and easy to hold back. what else do you need. oh yea its a hoyt too,no worries mate.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yup - the AM32 is going to go down in Hoyt history like the Switchback in Mathews' books. The Maxxis and CRX are both real nice, but you can buy a one year old AM32 for 1/2 as much. I decided to continue to hunt with my Katera this season, but would probably pick up an AM32 if someone steals it out of my SUV.
Yep. The AM32 is like the Switchback XT. There will always be people looking for them and if someone sells theirs they will regret it and try to buy it back. Great bow.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts