Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:ranger:I will be running up to Lancaster Archery tomorrow in search of a quality arrow rest.

I just purchased a used Accu-Riser by Bowmen and need to make it my bow and not the previous owner's. This bow is heavier and longer than what I am use to. My previus bow was a Bowtech Tomkat. I have increased the draw weight from 45 to 51 lbs.

At this piont I am a little shakey when I draw the arrow. The arrow shakes off of the lizard tongue. Either the gap is too small or the spring needs to be stiffer (the former owner used very skinny arrows). If I am going to upgrade I want the best I can afford ($100) at this time. My only requierment is that there be no cord attached to my cables.

I might just get a pronged spring and a dozen of those skinny arrows. I think they are on sale now.

Suggestions please. I am also looking at the BODOODLE PRO-LITE.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone used these two arrow rests?

Switching out the lizard tongue for the prong would be the cheapest option. Then I could purchase some X10's or some Full Metal Jackets. I know the skinnies are better for outdoor target but don't you practice how you play?:ranger:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
Registered
711 Posts
Id stay away from the top loader on the TT. Go with the side loader. No way for the arrow to come out of the containment cage. Plus there is no interference with the sights when loading your arrow.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Id stay away from the top loader on the TT. Go with the side loader. No way for the arrow to come out of the containment cage. Plus there is no interference with the sights when loading your arrow.
I have the top loader, and find if I don't load arrow before nocking then I do hit sight. I didn't think I'd like that but used to it fast. This rest is great. It is rock solid and tuff as nails. I have had Bodoodles in that past and never had any issues with their rest. But now shoot Trophy Taker rests. Easy to tune and plenty of vane clearance. My vote is for T.T!

I did hear they (trophy taker) will be offering a limb driver type rest. Will be showing it at the ATA show!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply all. I know this is short notice but you have to make a move when the oportunity presents its self. Still undecided.

I have a few days off and I would like to put some serious time in at the range. I do not want the arrow rest to be an issue.

Keep it comming Archery Talk Keep it comming.:ranger:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I shoot the TT Top Shot

It's a bullet proof reliable rest that picks the arrow up perfectly every time. Plenty of vane clearance and easy to set up. The capture ring works well and won't let your arrow fall off the rest. I think you'll really like it.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
While you are at Lancasters pick up a WIDE blade for your spring steel rest, they are about $7. The weight of your arrow will determine the blade size. Also check to make sure you are not getting nock pinch.

·
Registered
723 Posts
It's a bullet proof reliable rest that picks the arrow up perfectly every time. Plenty of vane clearance and easy to set up. The capture ring works well and won't let your arrow fall off the rest. I think you'll really like it.
:thumbs_up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts