Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some opinions on thumb releases i currently shoot a tru ball ht medium back tension release and love it,lookn for a thumb release that i could use for hunting,and 3d these are a few that have caught my interest. Tru ball 3finger Boss X,Carter 3finger choc-lite,and Carter choc addiction.Anyone own any of these please help me decide which one of these are the best

·
74,535 Posts
Carter thumb release have never failed me in all my years. Check out a Target three or insatiable 3. Both really good choices.

Stans make a fine release as well.
DB

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
This question comes up a lot. You really should not ignore the Hot Shot Tempest as it is very smooth and has so much adjustment to fit your particular hand and shooting style. Only complaint is that it is a little bit loud. But most releases with a sear mechanism are.

Doug

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
14,888 Posts
I really like my Carter Target 4+.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
just put as many in your hand as you can, make your own decision based on feel and trigger function...Carter and Stan are hard to beat for quality.

·
Registered
620 Posts
stan sx 2 here also

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
You just have to try a couple and see what fits your hand the best. You won't go wrong quality wise by buying a STAN, TruBall, Carter ...

Personally, I really like the STAN SX II, but then again, I shoot a STAN MoreX hinge as well. The fit and ergonomics of the two releases are identical which is a big bonus for me. IMO STAN makes some of the best releases on the market.

Given that you are already shooting a TruBall, you may want to look in their line of thumb releases for starters. You will have the best odds of finding a release with similar fit and ergonomics.

A local dealer or better yet a local club/shoot is a great place to try out a number of different releases.

Mitch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts