Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions please, Insanity decision making me insane

I shot the Insanity and decided this would be my new bow. I have read all the reviews and threads about finish issues. Sure enough I turned the demo bow over and the limb was peeling at the edges. I showed the shop and they were even surprised. I know this does not effect the function of the bow but I would expect a better finish for what they want you to pay. When I got home I called Bowtech and talked to Chris. He told me they did have limb finish issues with some of the first bows to go the dealers for demo. He advised me they fixed the problem and I should not have any issues. He also advised me that limb peeling or chipping would be covered and they would replace the limbs. The Opti forrest would be my first choice but has the black limbs. Has anyone seen the opti finish up close, and how did it look ? The shop has 2 mo treestands in stock.
Decisions:
1. Do I buy the bow and trust that Bowtech fixed the finish or will replace it ?
2. Get the mo treestand that is in stock because it has camo limbs, or order the opti forrest with the black limbs ?

Please share your thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
679 Posts
Ok here is the deal the bow that our shop has seems to have the same problem ,so we got on the phone with our rep and expressed our feelings toward the issue with the finish and here is what he said. Apparently the first 150 or so bows that were done up so that every dealer that went to the ATA could take one home and what ever ones were left were to be shipped to dealers that didn't attend ATA, well who ever did the limbs did not wipe them down with acetone or whatever they use to clean them before they got sprayed that is why the finish is coming off. The rep told us the problem is resolved and by the way that is on the black limbs only that they had this problem.

·
Registered
16,699 Posts
I have the opit forest on my d340 and it looks great and the cpxl i have on order is also in the forest camo. I hope they fixed the limb problem on the cpxl also.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
That is all I wanted to hear! If this is true I am out $1000 ! That would make sense as the bow that had issues at the shop was a demo:darkbeer:

·
Midwest is the Best!
5,172 Posts
You just won't know until you use one & put some wear on it...Using a bowpod I had paint chips missing the first week I owned my Invasion,& was told it was not warrantied.From everyting I've heard the limb issue is not resolved.If I wee you id order the color you WANT but,prepare to wait 6-8 weeks if not longer.Good luck.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Shot the Insanity last weekend and it was the Mossy Oak I believe. It had no chips, dings, blemishes anywhere on the bow. I opted for the Optifade Forest when I ordered mine.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
If you're worried about it, I'd just go another route. If you want the bow, be fully prepared for paint coming off. Don't think for a second it's fully fixed or they will warranty it. When all of AT comes to that concensus, then I'll believe it.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
I was all set to order a Black Ops Insanity, until Bowtech refused to answer my questions about the finish issue. Just reaffirms what I have heard about their terrible CS.

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
I was all set to order a Black Ops Insanity, until Bowtech refused to answer my questions about the finish issue. Just reaffirms what I have heard about their terrible CS.
Lol.....yea right!!!!

Every bowtech thread you see you post a bashing comment!

I have never had a problem with bowtech customer service. Find a better dealer if your having issues.....

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
If you're worried about it, I'd just go another route. If you want the bow, be fully prepared for paint coming off. Don't think for a second it's fully fixed or they will warranty it. When all of AT comes to that concensus, then I'll believe it.
How's that? I was one of the guys earlier thinking that all or most of the limbs are having finish problems, but I went to Virginia's top Bowtech dealer (Rob & Marcy Reese @ Hunt'N'Shak) and I looked at Marcy's target invasion from last year with it having no finish issues on the limbs at all, Rob telling me that of all the Invasions they sold last year that 0 were brought back for limb chipping or flaking, and I shot the Insanity there and looked over well. It had no problems either. Not saying there aren't finish issues out there, but from my experience it conflicts with all I've read or seen here on A/T. So, who's right? I don't know, but I'm not loosing sleep waiting for my Insanity and don't expect I'll see any problems with it when it shows up. Maybe I'll eat crow and maybe not?

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Lol.....yea right!!!!

Every bowtech thread you see you post a bashing comment!

I have never had a problem with bowtech customer service. Find a better dealer if your having issues.....

You are absolutely right, lately I have posted in a lot of BT threads bashing them. I shot the Insanity and loved it, had my heart set on a Black Ops. But I'll be damned if I will pay a grand for a bow that has major issues out of the box. Plus the fact that Bowtech is known for poor CS.

·
Mutant of the Year 2015
7,410 Posts
I am confused....I thought all of the Insanity bows have black limbs....

I have been hearing that the Black Ops and the OptiForest have black limbs... thus are more prone to this issue? Dont they all have the black limbs ?

What color limbs are on what color bows?
I dont get it?

·
Mutant of the Year 2015
7,410 Posts
Do the Mossy Oak and RealTree camo Insanity bows have full camo limbs?

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Do the Mossy Oak and RealTree camo Insanity bows have full camo limbs?
The Insanity CPX I shot last weekend has a Mossy Oak riser and black limbs. Just like the ones on the main web page showing the black Insanity. The limbs look black and have a honeycomb looking decal on the entire limb system.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
i shot the invasion love it,im going to shoot the insanity as well but i dont thing the extra 7 feet per second is really going to matter,my dealer already said if i have problems with the decal coming off it will be taken care of.because thats what is pealling is a decal

·
Registered
94 Posts
Poor bowtech cs. I had an 08 82nd that has limb issues. Last week I took it in to dealer. They said they would call bowtech and see if they could get a new set of limbs for me. Bowtech doesn't make limbs anymore so they gave me $600 towards a new insanity. If people want to say that giving $600 for a 4 year old used bow is bad CS go ahead. I Couldn't be happier.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts