Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an effective pattern for out west! Have always been a Mossy Oak fan, however, for Desert Mulies, Speed Goats, Mountain Mulies and Elk, I really like the Max-1.

After seeing and trying on the Sitka gear in the Opti-Fade, I am fairly certain, this is the best made, best fitting gear out there. Expensive, yes, worth it, I don't know but it fits darn well! If I go with Sitka, I like the 'Fade, however, Mossy Oak Treestand looks very similar at a distance to 'Fade (or Mothwing's Mountain Mimicry for that matter).

Just looking for input.

Shoot'em Straight!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have been using Sitka's Gear in Mossy Oak Treestand and have hunted the prairie for antelope and deer, the mountains for mule deer and elk, treestand for whitetail and I have to admit that it blends in very well. I was concerned at first but it blending in great with the sage brush, bark of trees, and rocks. I am very pleased in the pattern and I used to use the Brush pattern exclusively.

I also agree that the Sitka Gear fits great! I havn't found any better clothing that fits this nice and comfortably! Very reliable too. Sitka is done selling their line in Mossy Oak and Realtree. Huge bummer! You can still get the new line in Optifade or Mountain Mimicry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts