Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
was wondering if you could give me some info on the deer hunting in that area.My wife goes out there 3-4 days a month for work and was thinking about tagging along to hunt next season. Are there game management areas,etc. I would be archery only hunting.Not sure what zone it is,I am trying to access it on the fish and game site.thanks for any info.

· Registered
2,486 Posts
LOL have you ever seen the Laguna Beach T.V. show?? for some reason i doubt theres much hunting in that area, if any at all.. Now i mite be totaly wrong and there could be great hunting but i highly doubt it.. But there are some nice beaches :D

· Registered
371 Posts
The Cleveland National Forest is actually very close to there. It is Bow hunting only in most areas that are close to Laguna due to the fact that it is close to populated areas. I mountain bike in the National forest area and have seen many respectable bucks there.
They are not monsters but decent sized. Try hunting close to the springs or creeks.Just a precaution as the place is loaded with ticks. I mean a lot of ticks. Off Ortega Hwy. Is a good bet.

· Registered
752 Posts
Hey NocBuster

Here is my Los Angeles County deer from this past season. About an hour (give or take) from Laguna Beach. One of the biggest deer I have seen was in the mountains off to the side of the toll rd. that takes you from Laguna beach to where I got this deer.

Attachments

· Registered
2,486 Posts
Hey NocBuster

Here is my Los Angeles County deer from this past season. About an hour (give or take) from Laguna Beach. One of the biggest deer I have seen was in the mountains off to the side of the toll rd. that takes you from Laguna beach to where I got this deer.
Wow i would have never thought, And a dandy on top of it, Congrats on an AWSOME buck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.