Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't decide on what site to get, there are so many out there. Just wan to get some opinions on what you have and why you like what you got.

9,037 Posts
Hi,
If you want the best machining with the highest tolerances the the DS Advantage is the way to go. Detlef Stakelback makes these in Canada. Just ordered my second one...and there will probably be another in the future. Cost has gone up...$375 tyd is what I paid. Cheers!
Fred
P1010004_05.jpg P1010005_05.jpg P1010039_01.jpg

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,127 Posts
I like Axcel. I have an AX2000 for sale. Three sliders is one to many.

·
Team 4 Play
17,306 Posts
You really need to get your hands on as many of them as possible. I started with an Axcel 3000. It wasn't all that great but not the worst and I have not tried one of the newer models. Had a Sure Loc Supreme and that wasn't as good as the Axcel. Never did get my hands on any of the CBE sights so no info there. Have a buddy who had a Shibuya. Pretty nice and he was happy with it. I have had a number of Detlef DS Advantage sights. Changed now and then due to color and falling in and out of target archery. You'd be hard pressed to find a better sight than that one. Last year I had a brand new Davis The System sight and that thing was crap but if you haven't had anything better it would probably seem okay.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Axcel or CBE would be my choice, if you don't want to spend a ton of money a CBE Tek-Target is a great sight that will do anything the expensive ones will on a 3D course.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I put on the sword titan on my 3D rig ( waiting on my target bow ) For 329 with scope and lens its a hard deal to beat and you can get them even cheaper than that. So far I am VERY impressed with it. I used to shoot the CBE Vertex.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I really like the Axcel Achieve myself. My favorite feature on these sights is how quick you can change scopes with the quick change 3rd axis block. (FYI You can do this with the older models as well)
I have one 3rd axis block on each of my scopes with the windage preset. Its takes 30 seconds to change one out for the other. For example say I have one set up with 4X lens and another with 6X. Or one with a ring or one with a dot.

9,037 Posts
How do you order one? Can't find anywhere to even look at them.
Hi,
Detlef's handle here is Detlef123456 and his email is listed in an above post...just saw that. This is the best sight for the money and you will not regret this. Cheers!
Fred

·
Registered
33 Posts
I also shoot a Sword Titan, love it. Awesome. Easy adjustments, great product. Great customer service also.

·
Socket Man
24,306 Posts
The cbe vertex rapid adjust is beyond awesome, my buddy just got the 3d with the click version so I am going to be able to comment on how well it works for 3d soon after he abuses it for a month or so. I can't imagine it being better than the vertex 3d rapid adjust though.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Axcel Achieve, great sight but a bit on the expensive side. The Advantage is a great sight from what I've heard, never put hands on one. I have a CBE tek hybrid that is OK, threw a Shrewd scope on it. You can get them at a decent price used. Hogg Father is another great dual use single pin for hunting and 3-D....bullet proof but heavy. I have a first gen Davis Sight, it is 16 yrs old and still going strong....better than any Sure-loc I've owned.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Target/3D Sights are one of the areas in archery where you get what you pay for. The best out there are also the most expensive. An exceptional target sight can run upwards of $700 once you add scopes, pins, lens, sunshades and a light source. The top in my opinion are the Axcel Achieve, CBE Vertex, DS Advantage, Shrewd Competition and Hogg Father. I have owned them all and all have pros/cons. I shoot the Achieve right now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts