Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I'm thinking about getting either a new CSZT or picking up a used CS in the classifieds. Is there that much of a difference with the zero torque system vs the roller guard system.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Personally id stay with the 14 and z5 cam. That being said i did let my 14 cst go for a nitrum. Carbon for carbon i liked the 14 just as well as the zt.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do u like different about the nitrum

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Id get the new one. Can shoot less poundage and still get the same speed. Sounds like a win to me.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Id get the new one. Can shoot less poundage and still get the same speed. Sounds like a win to me.
This is true. I find the z5 to be smoother then the turbo cam. Eith the right tune u can get the 14 with z5 cam around 348 ibo. So not much gain in speed for the 15.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
This is true. I find the z5 to be smoother then the turbo cam.
I find the opposite. My cs30 is at 63# and the turbo I shot was 60# I found the turbo way easier to pull.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just went to the shop and shot the new Nitrum and a 2014 carbon spyder 30. I ended up getting the carbon spyder. To me it shot better than the nitrum. Much more dead in the hand no vibration and this was a bare bow. The nitrum was a real nice bow but had noticeably more handshock. I got a great deal on the spyder to brand new. Didn't even shoot the new carbon spyder zt wouldn't be able to afford it.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea ive shot the carbon spyder and it was amazing, had the shop had black I prolly would of walked away with it. It leaps and bounds better than my spyder 30. Another thing Im battling is I love the snow camo finish over everything else but its a 50 dollar upcharge and means id have to go with CS ZT, vs settling for a black one here in the classifieds for 2-300 dollars cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts