Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an original Paul Schafer built Silvertip. Either 60” or 62”. Prefer something in the 50-60# range but would consider 45# to 65# @ 28”. Please PM me if you have something you would consider selling. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Good luck in your search. It might be a tough one... It's hard to find Dave-built bows! I had a want ad on here for a Dave Windauer bow, and never got any results.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may be right. However, with a little luck maybe someone has a couple in their collection and they would be willing to part with one. I have wanted one ever since reading about Paul in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s. Paul passed in 1993, which is the year I graduated from high school. I wish I could have met him in person. Those that were able to hunt with him and know him as a friend are pretty lucky. Hopefully someone will PM me. Everyone at some time gets to the point where they can’t or don’t use them anymore. I have several 1960’s and early 1970’s bows. Mainly Bear but some other brands like Wilson Brothers, Root, Ben Pearson, etc. Most are bows that were owned by guys my dad bow hunted with back in the day. Most of the guys that hunted with recurves with my dad are 60+ years old. Most guys younger than that have always shot compounds. I know when I get too old or physically can’t use my bows I will sell them or give them to someone I know will use them. I’m would bet Paul would want his bows being used not just collecting dust on some wall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts