Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First What would i set the cam style to on this program for the elite Hunter:

how do you use it to find the arrow you need. I mean i have to choose an arrow brand in the drop down boxes but i want the software to tell which arrows are suitable by giving it the specs of my bow;

Elite Hunter
55# DW
28 DL
ATA 31.75
BH 7.5
D Loop
NO PEEP
NO SILENCERS
IBO 320
80% Let Off
CAM STYLE ????

Now if i put all that info in how do i use that to find a suitable arrow for hunting??? assuming i don't mind what brand to buy ??

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
When you type in the year and model of your bow the program will default to the correct cam. Once you do that and select spine match all the shafts that show up in green should be able to be used with your set up.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but i have to go to the choices box on the spine match tab and choose an arrow and spine myself until i get the slider in the green then hit find match and it will show me all similar arrows. i want the program to find me the right arrow without me having to choose an arrow myself ...what am i missing here

Got the cam style it suggests 1 cam hard which i don't understand as this is a two cam bow ?

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
The type of cam it picks is rated by IBO speed of the bow, if you go to the help section it explains all the different features of the program. I don't believe there is only one shaft for any bow it all comes down to personal preference after it gives you the choices that fall into your catagory.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got it ! interesting program i was approaching it the wrong way now realize you can tune bow parameters to try and fit specific spine / arrow or enter bow parameters and see which arrows will fit then fine tune from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts