Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 60-70# Insanity CPXL on order. God only knows how long I'll be waiting. Anyway, I want to use it to shoot 3D, which means that I want to be shooting 280fps to 280fps+3% (288fps). My DL is 28.5". If it matters, I shoot 4" shield, right helical feathers.

1) Assuming that I set the draw weight at 60#to maximize comfort, what arrow weight will achieve those speeds?

2) Assuming that I use the arrows that I currently have (367gr CX Maxima 3D Selects) what will the draw weight have to set at?

3) Assuming that I buy the new arrows that I like and they weigh between 415gr and 440gr, what would the draw weight have to be to reach those speeds at the high and low ends?

Let me know.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would download it, but I don't think the mac version is out yet. I'm on the list to be notified as soon as it becomes available. Also, I know it can be run as a VM, but I don't want to do that.

If it's asking too much for you, don't worry about it, but I'm hopping someone on AT will have the time and the program to be able to help me.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let's try this again. If you've got the program and the time, I'd like some help. Let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts