Archery Talk Forum banner

OUCH....Can't Hunt !!!!!!!!!!!

547 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  bowjunkie2
My season just started Monday and I blew my left knee out! :sad: I have a appointment with an Ortopedic on the 27th but the knee is so unstable/swollen I don't want to chance walking around and climbing tree's. I am really depressed.......I wait all year for bow season and this happens to me...... I think I need to see a shrink for some meds!!!!!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5,664 Posts
any chance of hunting from the ground? Use a cane walking stick for stability and hunt field edges?

Bummer on the knee. How did you do it?

· Registered
2,919 Posts
I feel your pain brother . . . . in 2005, on about the third day of bow season, I broke my ankle, in 3 places! I had to have surgery with screws and a plate and the whole deal, I was completely out of commission for about 3 weeks . . .

But I still managed to bowhunt! Didn't shoot anything, but did manage to hobble out into the woods on my crutches, used a sling for my bow on my back, and a stool and makeshift ground blind. I did see a few deer but they never came close enough for a shot. A real ground blind would have been a good idea, but I couldn't handle it by myself on the crutches and I didn't have anyone to help me with it.

I did manage to bag a doe with the muzzle-loader later that year, still had the "walking boot" on.

So -- all is not lost! But don't push it, you will be sorry if you will -- listen to the doctors, and get back out there as soon as it is reasonably safe to do so. You don't want to make it worse, then the season may be completely gone.

· saskarcher
5,124 Posts
I was so mad at wearing my old hunting boots, wanted a new pair in the worst way..
till I saw a guy with no legs!! Get the drift ;)
next year the hunt will be twice as sweet! hurts now sure, but there IS a bright side to every story.. sometimes they are hard to find though.. :)

· Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ur right Slippy..............it was ah stunt........I got up on the front wheel of my PU to wash the windshield and my neighbor comes out and startled me by shouting " DON'T FALL " .......... you guessed it, my feet slipped off the edge and down I came. I was thinking that if the swelling goes down I might try to ground hunt but some times I get lots of shooting pain from walking on uneven ground. Sucks to be me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.