Archery Talk Forum banner

Ouch!!!

885 24
So i got my first hand release and today a couble buddies and i were at the outdoor range. Well after a few hours it finally happened. I pulled my bow back and bam punched myself right in the nose/mouth. I will make sure the release is all the way locked for now on. Anyone else ever have this mishap?
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
366 Posts
Release

Never had it happen becausemy release was not on properly but have had it happen. Usually when I get a new release and I adjust the trigger I get the trigger to light and the release prematurally releases. No matter why it happens is friggen hurts.

· Registered
1,066 Posts
I just bought a new bow on friday night. I also bought a thumb(back tension) release and I have never really used one before. I learned something about these releases on saturday morning. Your collar on your coat can touch off that release. I have the bruise under my eye to prove it. I walked into the house and my wife asked me who I was fighting with.Lol. It wasnt funny then, but I laugh about it now.

· Registered
2,361 Posts
Never had it happen becausemy release was not on properly but have had it happen. Usually when I get a new release and I adjust the trigger I get the trigger to light and the release prematurally releases. No matter why it happens is friggen hurts.
me too, I split my lip doing that and right in the nose once (made the ole eyes water)

· Registered
8,662 Posts

· Registered
1,444 Posts
ouch

been there....done that....don't want to go back....lol:eek:

· Registered
703 Posts
did it also

Been there, and it hurts. Drawing back with my first thumb release learning, I hit myself in the jaw. :mg:

Was seeing stars, thought I could muster the energy to pull the bow, got just a couple of inches and let it back down. Glad wife didn't see, or would never be able to live tha one down.

· Registered
3,409 Posts
I have gave myself a bloody lip and you know in the cartoons how when someone get hits the little stars dance around your head I had them also

· Registered
1,586 Posts
I just did it a few seconds ago... something is wrong with the release, the dloop slipped right between the release jaws.

Release=1
Young_Bull= 0

· Registered
445 Posts
lol ive had it happen alot release pullin through the dloop busted lip playin with a back tension busted lip just the other day jackin with a thumb release got it to light busted lip always in the same damn spot i aint gonna give up though get right back on and do it again.:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.