Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the stabilizer of choice for the windy conditions shooting 40-50-60 yds outdoors and why?
litegun

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Was told that the heavier the rig the better! ( of course you must be able to manage the extra weight or it's a moot point!!)
Also some study that showed the sigle rod stabilizer is more "stable" in the wind than multi rod because of creating swirling wind currents? :confused::confused::confused: Best studies show to shoot the best in the wind you should keep an archer that has more "Physical Talent" up wind of you on the line!!!:D:D:D Ken

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I've given it some thought and went with the Posten Slim Jim. it has a small diameter to cut down on wind effects and the weight is concentrated at the end.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I wish I could give you a good positive answer Jeff. I've shot both, the solid and a 4 rod. Honestly, I think the wind has more affect on you and the bow than the stabilizer. This is where your V-bars may come into play. Like Ken said a heavy stabilizer may help reduce the amount of movement you get. This is something I was wanting to play with this year. Unfortunately I have not had much time to work with side weights yet. I've been working more on arrows recently.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Body movement

I wish I could give you a good positive answer Jeff. I've shot both, the solid and a 4 rod. Honestly, I think the wind has more affect on you and the bow than the stabilizer. This is where your V-bars may come into play. Like Ken said a heavy stabilizer may help reduce the amount of movement you get. This is something I was wanting to play with this year. Unfortunately I have not had much time to work with side weights yet. I've been working more on arrows recently.
100% agree. I ve tried up doinker elite and quatra flex and their result make no different.:D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Shot in winds of 45 mph plus....

Just yesterday I had quite a gathering of shooters to my rig...the question they all asked was.....why are your V bars facing forward >??? why is your stabilizer so damn heavy......

well....I knew the winds were going to blow yesterday...so I set my xforce up to shoot in those high winds....I added shock x mods...and two heavy v bars pointing v forward....and a long....34.5" doinker cartel hybrid stabilizer....this rig held solid all day long....being that I am 6-3 225 lbs...I can hold up this rig that weighs in at over 9 lbs.....and hey..I guess i did ok given the weather...and the one darn five i dropped....I still managed a 3rd place finish among my fellow shooters in the open division. So i would say...set up some different set ups and try em...then when you find what works for you....Shoot it !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts