Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm looking at new outdoor target arrows. I will be shooting 50m mostly. I have a Hoyt Alpha Elite with 28# and 56 draw back weight. I just want to know what you guys suggest,
Thanks

·
Registered
438 Posts
What price range are you looking at? X10's, X10 protours, A/C/E, A/C/G, A/C/C, nano pro's, Carbon one's, nano pro xr's. There is many different shafts that are good for target, all are good for shooting in rubber targets although some are not good for shooting at stramit targets because stramit is a harsher target to shoot thin shafts in.
I personally shoot the Easton Carbon one arrows because at the moment I couldn't afford better arrows, the Carbon ones do the job really well and fly great, they are also a really durable shaft.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Money's isn't really an issue but I dont want to spend $400 dollars for a dozen Protours

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ttt

·
P#NW045
12,716 Posts
kinetics or UL's. get 400's cut them at the rest and run 150-180gr tips(whichever gives the best groups with your fletching combo)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I use the Victory Vap V1's with 100 grain ProPoints... My dozen are within 2 grains completed. A dozen bare shafts cost me $150.00 plus the tips. I changed out the Bohning nocks for Easton "G" large groove nocks. I fletched them with Bohning X 2 vanes. Here is a 50 yard group with them. 4 arrows in the "X" ring and one just outside of the "X"

DSC01867 copy.jpg

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has any one had problems with the VAP's for Target.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Has any one had problems with the VAP's for Target.
Only that they will shoot through soft targets on the F&H range and land in the leafs alongside the X10's, X10 protours, A/C/E, A/C/G, A/C/C, nano pro's, Carbon one's,and nano pro xr's

They are all good.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Easton ACGs are a great arrow for a reasonable price I have been very happy with mine.

·
Socket Man
24,696 Posts
I think a guy should look into the vaps or the injections as a good alternative to the high priced stuff, if you have access to a hooter shooter and can group tune them to hit the same hole and I bet only reo wilde could tell the difference between them and the 400 dollar arrows.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
When shooting outdoor target I think there are three things that are important.

1. Overall mass weight of the arrow. A lot of people think a lighter arrow is the way to go, but a heavier arrow will maintain more downrange velocity and stay on course better in the wind.
2. Higher Front of Center. Don't worry about sacrificing a little speed to keep the FOC up, as the arrows will just plain steer better.
3. Small Diameter. Keep the arrow size down to help prevent wind drift. The same goes for fletchings, as long as you are well tuned you can get great results with a small fletch.

I've been shooting the Black Eagle Deep Impacts and have been very happy with them.
I didn't run the numbers but from experience a 27-28" long 400 shaft with 120 up front should be about right.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Take a look at the black eagle deep impacts. They are a micro diameter arrow with great specs and only $130 a dozen.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
CX medallion Pros would be a great choice for a smaller diameter arrow that won't break the bank. You can get two doz for the price of a doz X10 or Nano Pros.

My personal choice is the Nano XR. Simply love that shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ttt

1 - 20 of 21 Posts