Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I tried to seach but search does not seem to be working for me - all I'm getting is a blank page...

Anyway, I'm sure this has been discussed but I'm adding accy's to a hoyt (V-Tec) and this is my first time using tec riser - are there certain accy's I should look for or avoid because of the riser? For instance I see some items listed specifically for the hoyts, like the schaffer tec1 rest, Muzzy has a specfic ZE rest for hoyts only, etc.

My inital plans were along the lines of a TT Shakey Hunter or Pronghorn rest and a nice pin sight like a spot hogg or maybe an inline like the Trophy Ridge...just don't know if I need to avioid some items due to the TEC riser...

Thanks,
- Mark

·
Registered
702 Posts
You will have no problems with a TT on the VTec. The only time you may run into problems is with the short brace height on the Super/Turbo tec. I use a TT pronghorn on my super tec without any problems. Also, some of the rest may have the cord on the far right side. Then you just run it on the outside of the riser. It still doesn't affect anything.
Dan

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DanDaMan said:
You will have no problems with a TT on the VTec. The only time you may run into problems is with the short brace height on the Super/Turbo tec. I use a TT pronghorn on my super tec without any problems. Also, some of the rest may have the cord on the far right side. Then you just run it on the outside of the riser. It still doesn't affect anything.
Dan
Do I need the short or long bar...or does it matter?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
You want to go with the short bar.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I had an original TT fallaway on my Super tec .... no problem at all .... The only reason I dont now is that I went to a containment type rest ....(APA Ultimate)

there are actually very few products out there specially desined for the Hoyts .... the Muzzy ZE ...because it works with the cable guard .... the GKF power drop ... for obvious reasons .... a few others ....in the grand scheme of things however ...most everything on the market will work on a tec risor ..... maybe not an overdraw .... but who needs those nowadays anyway?

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx

Bowzone_Mikey said:
there are actually very few products out there specially desined for the Hoyts ....
Sweet, thanks all...
Mark

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I've had a few Hoyt's in the past, and a TT will work fine, I use the original TT because it has the smaller of the launcher tongue (less to have contact with) it's a great rest cann't go wrong

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I just bought a new Powertec, and didn't like the cord on my QAD rubbing on the riser. So I sold it and bought a Mach4. No cords to mess with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts