Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up today to celebrate Christmas with my family and turned on the TV to the hunting channel SPMN channel 605 on Direct TV and see this show Meet the McMillens. I must say I had it on for 10 min and I am outraged. These clowns were talking to there deer shoulder mounts telling them stuff like "man you were silly for coming into my set" and " am made at you for making me sit out on the coldest day in 40mph winds" and then the goon says " I bet you thought I wouldn't take that quartering shot through a small opening but hey I did and my pin was bouncing all over!!"
Then another guy on the show shoots a great buck and acts like a idiot after the shot then tells the shoulder mount "that was the best dying scene I've ever seen."

How do these guys keep getting on TV or sponsors

I am done watching these guys forever I can not stand disrespecting the game we hunt PEROID

·
Powered By Elite
2,725 Posts
I've seen the show twice, first and last. The one where they had a friend stay with them and his dog is allowed to make piles all over the guest quarters. Disgusting :pukey:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree 110%. You can add the idiots from Wild Game Nation to the list too. All they are doing is giving ammunition to the no-hunting crowd.

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Got up today to celebrate Christmas with my family and turned on the TV to the hunting channel SPMN channel 605 on Direct TV and see this show Meet the McMillens. I must say I had it on for 10 min and I am outraged. These clowns were talking to there deer shoulder mounts telling them stuff like "man you were silly for coming into my set" and " am made at you for making me sit out on the coldest day in 40mph winds" and then the goon says " I bet you thought I wouldn't take that quartering shot through a small opening but hey I did and my pin was bouncing all over!!"
Then another guy on the show shoots a great buck and acts like a idiot after the shot then tells the shoulder mount "that was the best dying scene I've ever seen."

I am done watching these guys forever I can not stand disrespecting the game we hunt PEROID

So let me get this straight……..you have no problem with a hunter driving a sharp broad head through a deers lungs?

You have no problem waiting 30 minutes for the hunter to go get the deer?

You have no problem with the hunter peeling the hide off the now dead critter, then chopping said deer`s flesh into smaller chunks?

You have no problem throwing some of those smaller chunks into the skillet then slapping them on a plate next to the mashed potato`s?

BUT……you have a problem if the same hunter talks to the shoulder mount he had made of the deer?

Is this post some type of practice for a junior high school drama class?

Here is a tip for you…..the "disrespect" probably started with the arrow through the rib cage.

We hunters surely are our own worst enemy…..

·
Registered
13,450 Posts

You celebrate Christmas with your family by getting pissed at a TV show,,
your way ahead of the MC Millians...

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Disagree with you.....I put arrows into animals to feed my family totally differnt my friend

So let me get this straight……..you have no problem with a hunter driving a sharp broad head through a deers lungs?

You have no problem waiting 30 minutes for the hunter to go get the deer?

You have no problem with the hunter peeling the hide off the now dead critter, then chopping said deer`s flesh into smaller chunks?

You have no problem throwing some of those smaller chunks into the skillet then slapping them on a plate next to the mashed potato`s?

BUT……you have a problem if the same hunter talks to the shoulder mount he had made of the deer?

Is this post some type of practice for a junior high school drama class?

Here is a tip for you…..the "disrespect" probably started with the arrow through the rib cage.

We hunters surely are our own worst enemy…..

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Disagree with you.....I put arrows into animals to feed my family totally differnt my friend
You put arrows into deer as a hobby, a sport, even as a way of life, not to feed your family.

While having your family enjoy the healthy venison is an awesome sidenote, financially speaking, in 2013 nobody hunts to feed their family. It is much more expensive to hunt for food than it is to buy it at the store.

Now, lets get back to your "outrage" over some guy talking to his deer mounts……..

There are a LOT of things in this world to be outraged about……..some dude talking to a stuffed critter ain`t one of them. :)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hate that show, best show IMO is Heartland Bowhunter without a doubt!

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Principals are Principals....right is right and wrong is wrong no matter what day it is my man
OK, sitting here in my family room I just told 3 deer mounts, a bear, and two turkeys that I cannot talk to them anymore because it is disrespectful. Hopefully this does not spread through the rest of the house…...

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
Principals are Principals....right is right and wrong is wrong no matter what day it is my man
Who's principals , Your personal principals, that you are looking to recruit others to believe, Or do you really live by those principals ?

You obviously have cable TV so I sincerely doubt you hunt to feed your family.. That dog wont hunt man!!

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
OK, sitting here in my family room I just told 3 deer mounts, a bear, and two turkeys that I cannot talk to them anymore because it is disrespectful. Hopefully this does not spread through the rest of the house…...
Talking to mounts: No Problem

Mounts talking back: Red Flag

·
Banned
11,757 Posts
Funny take ESPN for example if they have an on air talent that says or acts in an ignorant way they are done and gone. Some low budget no talent hunting show says stupid stuff or acts stupid or even poaches, the quiver sniffing lemmings still watch

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
who dosent talk to their mounts?

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Whaaaaatttt??

Wadell and the Bone Suckers made him famous!!

Hell hath no fury like the AT ball swinging Bone Suckers

1 - 20 of 312 Posts