Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
I used the 150 in a ground blind, all last season. I don't hunt from treestands. It worked as advertised, for me. It is not a cure for over hunting a spot or deer patterning your coming and going. I had problems with evening thermals spreading my scent around in cedar swamp environments. The blind helped contain and Ozonic's helps also. I have no idea how well it works in open environments, like treestands. I stay clean as possible, when entering my hunting grounds, even with the Ozonics.

·
snıuǝƃ ɹǝʇsɐ&#6
1,983 Posts
does ozone destroy organic things and therefore odor? Yep

It can also deteriorate rubber...plastic...your lungs etc

I think this product (and others like it) probably does eliminate odor. But they merit reading up on the dangers of ozone before a person
spends a significant amount of time with one. You may still choose to use it but at least youll be making a more informed decision.

·
74,535 Posts
I used the 150 in a ground blind, all last season. I don't hunt from treestands. It worked as advertised, for me. It is not a cure for over hunting a spot or deer patterning your coming and going. I had problems with evening thermals spreading my scent around in cedar swamp environments. The blind helped contain and Ozonic's helps also. I have no idea how well it works in open environments, like treestands. I stay clean as possible, when entering my hunting grounds, even with the Ozonics.
It certianly seems it would work. Thanks for an honest review.
DB

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
for what its worth, my buddies had a doe stick her head INTO the blind and didn't freak out.
I'd say it must work!

·
74,535 Posts
for what its worth, my buddies had a doe stick her head INTO the blind and didn't freak out.
I'd say it must work!
Now wouldnt that make a good commercial!
DB

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ive been reading alot about ozone (log 6) and ozonics and I can see how the ozonics would work best in a blind but being outside I think it would be too diluted to be totaly effective but its tuff to say because everyones experience is going to be different, i would like to try one in my ground blind early season when its hot

·
shhhh.. slow down
9,409 Posts
Good enough for Jay Gregory good enough for me. You have to wear a cool viser like him for it to be effective though.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
MY REVEIW: I bought the new HR-200 the summer of 2010. First thing, It does remove odors quite will in an inclosed area. I hunted with it the intire 2010 season. TREESTAND-First problem is that everytime the wind shifts you need to change the direction of the unit. I was spending alot of time doing this. If I didnt change the direction to match the changing wind I would be smelling ozone.[NOT GOOD] I was getting frustated with the changing wind. Didnt see any more deer than normal. Had a buck come down the same trail I used. Walked right under me and fed for a while. I was thinking this might be working. I had the unit just right, The ozone was between me and the deer. When he got about 25 yards downwind he snorted and took off! Ground Blind. All I can say is there is no way you can advoid smelling{breathing} ozone in a ground. Period. I tried everything. Bottom line; In a controled envirement with a constant steady wind it will work but not in the real world. I did begin having problems sleeping with a irritated throat and shortness of breath. I sold it at a 60% loss.

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Open just one window in a ground blind and your scent is contained any way. If you open two or more you create a draft that carries your scent out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts