Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was setting up my Pure today and decided to tie a P Loop out of #24 BCY loop rope with the nock above it...

Is there any really advantage to this?

I seem to be able to anchor better and more repeatively this way then a reg d loop......

what do you guys think about these loops?

I get minimal to no nock pinch with this also...bedies its down right cool lookng

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
It eliminates most of the advantages of using a loop in the first place. It'd be like not using a loop, but with less serving wear.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats more advnateges does a loop have or this other then pulling a piece into place?

this had no pinch...or anything like a inproper loop without nocksets and all are tied...

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is this a good thing or bad things???????

i will be using it for hunting

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
I dont like how it effects the arrow resting in the deepest part of the drawn string... JMHO....

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
When you draw back to full draw and the point of your angled string is your loop. But instead of that also being where your arrow comes off the string you have the arrow above that point. Not good for nock travel...

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
D-loops put the release directly behind the arrow, they put the part of the string that the arrow's nocked to vertical instead of at an angle (which is why they don't pop off the center serving when letting down), they help to align the peep and a few other things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts