Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to purchase a new p.s.e. Mach 10,and I wondered if any one has one, and can give me some information on the bow I will use the bow for target shooting f.i.t.a and 100 yards as in a York round any information thankfully received would this be a good choice, as it only has 61/4 brace height???
Hope you can help
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

· Registered
9,219 Posts
What cam is on the bow. The Mach 10 is a nice bow, but I think it is a little heavy. I have shot one many times, and they are nice, but not a target bow in my opinion.

I shoot a Martin Couger III with 6 5/8" brace height and it shoots great. The BH on the Mach 10 is a little lower, so it will be a little more radical, but if you hold really steady it should be OK. The PSE also has a shorter A-A then the Couger III. The Mach 10 has nice speed to it.

All in all I think you would like the bow, but like I said, in my opinion there are better bows for strickly target shooting.

LeEarl

· Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LeEarl/mn

LeEarl/mn
Thank you, only you reed the hype of the bow being 20 yrs in the making, it is just nice to get the opinion of someone who has shot the bow, it will have the centre fire one cam on it, thanks for your input

· Registered
6,681 Posts
goldshy, I shot one all last year outdoors. However, must confess I had mine rigged up with the synergy Pro65 cams (dual cam) instead of a solo set-up - old fashioned that way I guess, lol :)!

Weight factor is a personal thing. Myself for example, I still added weight to the 10, though maybe not as much as I am with the Supra I'm shooting this year. Besides, you saw the pic of LeEarl, scrawny arms, no wonder he thought the 10 was heavy :p :D ! Grip is slightly higher than some of the other PSE models, but again, this fit in with what I like anyways.

Bow does shoot nice, a little top limb heavy (wanted to tip over forward hard and to the right - right-handed set-up) but I overcame that with weights added to the back of the riser and offset on the left side. Fast bow as well, even in the slower Pro65 cam config (low-280's at 56# or 57# 5gr/# arrows), and I had no difficulties with the lower brace height. Seemed to react reasonably forgiving for me.

But as I said, I'm not very up on the solo cam. Though I do have to say that the CF cam certainly felt nice on a couple models I toyed with earlier this year and to me felt better than the U1 cam that PSE marketed earlier.

If the price is right I certainly wouldn't be shy to give it a go around for outdoor target stuff.

Just my opinion anyways.......:)

>>---------->

· Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CHPro

CHPro
Thank you for a great post, nice lot of input about the bow.
Leearl/mn, those arms are massive man. Lol
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

· Registered
10,694 Posts
Merlin is the best!

Goldshy,

I have a Mach 10 and agree with LeEarl in that I don't really consider it a pure target bow.
To me, it's a hunting and 3-D bow.
If you want a FITA bow, getting a Merlin Super Nova or Max 3000 from your own country is your best bet.
My Mach 10 is a nice bow but my Super Nova is superior to it in almost every way.
My Super Nova has better limbs, limb pockets, finish, grip, a stainless stabilizer bushing and a much better selection of wheel/cam options.
The Mach 10 is a very handsome bow but the Super Nova is the most beautiful compound on the planet, imo.
Plus, the Mach 10 costs about as much as a Super Nova last time I checked.
So, the Merlin is the much better buy also, unless you can get the Mach 10 at a steal.
The new Max 3000 wins the comparison also against the Mach 10 for the same reasons listed above.
Get a Merlin and experience the best!

Sag.

· Registered
9,219 Posts
If you want more info, go to the PSE talk forum and ask there too. Many members there are shooting the Mach 10. Here is the link:

http://forums.pse-archery.com/index.php?s=

I agree with CHPro that the CF cam feels better then the U1 cam. If you can, shoot it and see how it feels to for you. You also get the Phase III grip, which I feel is a great way to go, you can change from 3 different grips. The bow does weight 4.5 lbs. so adding any weight does make it heavier then most every bow outhere. Even the Mathews Conquest 3 is lighter. But with the weight, the bow is a smooth shooter with speed.

Just remember, don't buy a bow because someone says it is the 'best'. Try it yourself, everyone is different and you know what you want.

LeEarl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.