Archery Talk Forum banner

P41/homebrew problem need help

548 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  X-Shooter-GB
Hi all, I just finished hacking into my p41 and when I connect it to the board and motion is deteced it powers up the camera but does not take a picture. I used a bfoutdoors board and their shutter/flash assembly ribbon and their wiring kit. I have the 4 tracer ribbon and moved it all the way to the right like the tutorial I used said and then put the cameras ribbon back in. I then soldered the black wire to p the red wire to c and the yellow to s. Did I do something wrong because the camera powers up and takes a pic fine. Except I must have bumped something because my power light doesn't work anymore and the button on the camera to take a picture is more sensitive when you take a pic thank it used to be. Thanks for the help, GB
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P41

Thanks kdornski, I re did everthing and it works good know the only problem I am having is that I can not put all the screws back in the camera to put it back together. I can only put one otherwise the screen will go black or the shutter button will not work. With just one screw it works fine. What should I do? Thanks, GB

· Embrace The Suck!
1,954 Posts
Test the wires from the cam to find out if you've got the shutter, power, and common right before you do anything else. I've mixed it up before, and the cam would power on but not take a pic b/c the shutter and power were mixed up. After checking that, check the ribbon cable again.

· Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P41

Hi, I checked everything and put the camera on two seperate boards and it works great know. I did have to re do the ribbon, but know it seems to be working the only problem know is I can't close the camera housing all the way and I don't know what to do about it because I finally got the camera to work. Thanks,GB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.